Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grants Officer
Locations: Maiduguri – Borno and Minna – Niger
- The purpose of this role is to support the grant administration, coordination and management of multi donor funded projects.
Dimensions of the Role
- Reporting to the Grants & Compliance Manager, the grant officer will support a cross-functional project team responsible for quality implementation of complex multi-million grant-funded development and Humanitarian projects.
- Support the grant unit in coordinating, and monitoring the implementation of the donor funded project and programs.
- Support the full cycle of grants management activities from pre-award assessments, monitoring/compliance visits and close-out procedures.
- Manage assigned portfolios, in collaboration with the program team and finance team.
- Maintain a grant tracking mechanism in order to effectively follow up grant activities and to determine progress. Track contractual obligations.
- Ensure grant management procedures are followed and donor compliance requirements are met.
- Support budget preparation, modification and reflect same on the SAP system
- Review and ensure donor reports are coherent, accurate and submitted timely. Maintain monthly reporting compliance tracker for assigned portfolios.
- Ensure timely set-up of grants in SAP system and monitor compliance.
- Ensuring projects are implemented in compliance with Plan International guidelines and relevant donor regulations.
- Maintain and update grant files (electronic and hard copy files).
- Document and share key compliance issues with Plan International staff and partners setting ground for compliance management.
- Draft Funding Approval Document (FADs) and ensure they are fully executed.
- Coordinate grant audit exercise and ensure no exceptions/disallowances
- Participate in monthly BVA and coordination meetings a to review project progress with clear action points.
- Carry out income reconciliation and pre-financing tracking.
- Ensure proper close out of projects.
- Support Humanitarian and project managers to prepare annual grants budgets for projects.
- Support the assessments of partner/grantee organizations.
- Review partner budget and provide support and guidance where necessary
- Support in training staff and partners on donor policies, rules and regulations.
- Conduct and document regular partner visits to ensure compliance with grant agreement.
- Monitor partner burn rate and offer timely advice to the partner and programs team for prompt action and decision-making.
- Monitor and track grants related performance measurement indicators to improve performance.
- Fulfill Plan’s Child Protection Policy at all times.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
- This role does not directly supervise any role.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- A Degree in Development Studies, Business Studies, or Social Science.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in International Affairs, development or related subject will be an added advantage.
- At least three (3) years of experience working in project and/or grants management.
- Experience in developing and interpreting donor budgets.
- Experience working with multi donor projects.
- Experience with donor funding regulations, procedures and reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of development issues, trends, challenges and opportunities and implications to community.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Good communicator with strong organizational, time management and analytical skills.
- Excellent inter-personal, cultural and diplomatic skills.
- Strong writing and editing skills with close attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle competing priorities, meet demanding deadlines and work under pressure in unstable security environments.
- Good research, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Effective working with and through partners.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Strong strategic thinking and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High proficiency in MS office tools (with excellent Microsoft Excel skills).
Application Closing Date
30th July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities.
- Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|Job Category||Accounting / Accountant / Auditing / Tax / Finance Jobs in Nigeria, Finance / Accounting / Audit / Tax Jobs in Nigeria|