Code for Africa is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing recruitment to fill the position below:
Job Title: Hardware Engineer
Location: Nigeria (Remote)
Employment Type: Full-time
About Code for Africa : Code for Africa is the continent’s largest federation of independent civic technology and data journalism laboratories, which build digital democracy solutions giving citizens unfettered access to actionable information that empowers them to make informed decisions and that strengthen civic engagement for improved public governance and accountability.
- B.Sc / B.Eng in Electrical Engineers, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- Demonstrated experience in electronics packaging mechanical design.
- Demonstrated experience in electronic Design For Manufacturing (DFM) best practices.
- Demonstrated experience in IoT, Low Power Electronic Design.
- Experience reading and interpreting data sheets and electrical schematics.
- Excellent command of electrical engineering fundamentals.
- Demonstrated experience in revision control using Git and Git workflows.
- Demonstrated experience in the Espressif MCU ecosystem and ARM-based microcontrollers.
- Board documentation and liaison with the firmware development team
- Experience in design of reusable libraries and SDKs is a plus.
- Self starter with the ability to work effectively in teams across internal and external organisations and virtual teams.
- Ability to design, prototype, validate, test and assemble printed circuit boards (PCBs) using electronic ECAD tools, preferably Autodesk Eagle and Fusion360.
- Experience working on PCB post-manufacturing processes including circuit board reflow and soldering, and final testing.
Language and Location Requirements:
- Location: CfA’s main sensors.AFRICA lab is located in Nairobi (Kenya), but CfA also has additional labs in Abuja (Nigeria), Cape Town or Johannesburg (South Africa), Dar es Salaam (Tanzania), and Lagos (Nigeria). The role can be performed remotely, and CfA will therefore consider exceptional applicants from across Africa.
- Primary language: English
- Preferred but not required: French, Amharic or Arabic.
How to Submit Your Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Closing Date
20th February, 2023.
Add A Comment