Skyline University Nigeria is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing recruitment to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head – Library
About Skyline University Nigeria: Skyline University Nigeria is the first private tertiary institution in Kano, the largest and most industrialized state in northern Nigeria and is currently housed in a 15-story tall building comprising of an academic block and functional offices, classrooms, laboratories, Campus Clinic, cafeteria well equipped sports facilities and Student multi-purpose hall. The outdoor sports facilities are located just behind the main block comprising a football & cricket pitch, two basketball and two volleyball courts and a badminton court. Skyline University Nigeria (SUN) is a multi-cultural environment where staff and students from different parts of the world come together for a common goal of making it a multi-disciplinary teaching and research institution.
- Must have a Master’s Degree in Library Studies and Information Sciences from an accredited University.
- A Degree in Information System is desirable.
- International work experience and community service will be an added advantage.
- At least 10 years experience in managing a busy library, preferably an academic library.
- Excellent inter personal and communication skills.
- Must be computer literate and well versed with latest developments in library technology.
- Ability to oversee development of software development plan.
- Ability to establish rapport with staff, students and faculty.
- Must have the knowledge of the complete BMAS as per NUC criteria.
- Ability to present oneself in an appropriately personable and professional manner to library users.
- Student friendly attitude must.
- Ability to prepare and make effective presentations promoting programs within the University
- Ability to analyze data regarding the effectiveness of programs and initiatives within the University.
- Strong communication skills and ability to motivate students.
- Experience working with young people especially in the areas of discipline.
- Must understand the vision and mission of the University.
- Knowledge in Computer applications & Proficiency in MS Office.
How to Submit Your Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Application Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Closing Date