ActionAid (AA) Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, which is a global alliance of organisations working towards achieving a world without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys the right to a life with dignity. As a large and visible development organisation, we work in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and America. Our expertise lies in community-led approaches to development and working through partnerships with the poor and other grass root organisations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Finance
Location: Country Office, Abuja, Nigeria
Responsible to: Director of Finance
Line Management: Project Finance Coordinators, Project Finance Advisors,
Treasury Advisor and Finance Consultants
- The post holder will be a member of the ActionAid Nigeria Country Management Team (CMT) and will provide management with relevant financial information to assist in the smooth running of the organisation.
- S/he will ensure the financial and legal integrity of the organization on donor-funded projects in particular and within the framework of the policies and procedures established and the requirements of the local law.
- This post involves a full range of financial control and management activities.
Education / Qualifications:
- First Degree in Accounting / Finance is essential
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field is essential
- Nationally recognised Professional Accounting Qualification is essential.
- At least 10 years post-NYSC experience is essential
- At least 6 years post professional qualification experience with 3 years in a senior position is essential
- Experience in implementing financial control systems is essential
- Experience in using SUN Accounting Systems & Spreadsheets is essential
- Experience in working with international development agencies in a similar position is desirable
- Audit firm experience is desirable
- Experience working with different cultures and nationalities is desirable.
Skills / Abilities:
- Excellent management & leadership skills
- Excellent skills in facilitation and capacity building for inter-linkages between staff, partners & stakeholders
- Ability to work without supervision
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to multitask and negotiation skills
- Ability to interface effectively with other members of staff and solve problems using own initiative.
Application Closing Date
3rd August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should complete the Application Form below and send in an MS Word attachment to: [email protected] using the Job Title and Location eg: “Head of Finance – Abuja” as the subject of the email.
- Only electronically submitted forms will be considered. Submitted CVs will be disregarded.
- ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment. Applications from women and candidates from the North East and North West are particularly encouraged.
- However, applications will be reviewed on rolling basis as received. While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.
- ActionAid is committed to preventing any form of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse (including child abuse and adult at-risk abuse) in line with our
- Child Safeguarding policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse; and Sexual Harassment, Exploitation and Abuse at Work Policy and Overarching
- SHEA and Safeguarding Policy; as well as our zero-tolerance approach to Safeguarding concerns.
|Job Category||Accounting / Accountant / Auditing / Tax / Finance Jobs in Nigeria, Finance / Accounting / Audit / Tax Jobs in Nigeria|