Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia's ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people's lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive. With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
Job Title: Head of Public Relations and Communications – Jumia (Full Time)
As the communication and public relations maanger, your role is to support Jumia Nigeria in the development and delivery of the digitaal Communication strategy.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Increase Jumia Nigeria ’s Brand awareness through media and Social Media
- Implement group comms strategy in Nigeria for our different stakeholders (consumers, sellers and partners, employees and regulators/communities)
- Build a strong network of media partners
- Be proactive by pitching media and organize interviews with Jumia stories (Write editorials for media, including press releases and reports.)
- Organize Press Conference or PR events
- Handle local crisis communication (statement, recommendations)
- Be a spokesperson for the company
- Brief the team about the wording, Q&A, Talking points and prepare a public presentation
- Handle the corporate SM in collaboration with different departments, Marketing and HR.
- Prepare Social Media videos (content) and pictures for the corporate platform (Twitter Group, Group Website, Twitter Nigeria and Linkedin Nigeria)
- Report on PR activities – Following PR processes/reporting/tracking.
- Support the Group Comms team for cross country projects
- Support the deployment of innovative marketing operations: increase traffic and conversion on the website
- Proof-read content, including but not limited to social media posts, blog articles and press releases.
- Administration of press and social competitions, to include organizing prizes and contacting winners.
- Follow-up on Public Affairs Affairs – interaction with regulators, International Institutions and others relevant stakeholders.
- Internal Communications in collaboration with HR
- 6 years experience min in Comms or Public relations
- Advanced written and verbal skills
- Education to degree level or equivalent in PR, Communication or Journalism.
- Must have a commendable Media network and relations in Nigeria and in the region.
- Experience in crisis communication and CSR.
- Social Media addicts
- Independent and resourceful.
- Strong drive and leadership.
- Exceptional organizational skills and very structured.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Ability to meet very demanding targets.
- High level of motivation, determination and commitment.
- Skillful in content creation (stroyteller), as well as copy-editing and proof-reading
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the e-commerce industry
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.