Job Title: Head of Security, Nigeria
Job Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Do you want to change the world? Zipline uses drones to deliver critical and lifesaving medicine to thousands of hospitals serving millions of people in multiple countries. Our mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. Join Zipline and help us make this a reality for billions of people.
About You and The Role
Does ensuring the safety of the team, medical warehouses, and premises for an operation that ensures critical medical products get to health facilities all over Nigeria get you excited? Are you a proactive security professional who enjoys staying on top of the latest intelligence and technology? If so, read on.
Zipline believes access to medical care should not depend on your GPS coordinates. We are at the forefront of a logistics revolution, using autonomous aircraft to deliver just-in-time, lifesaving medical supplies on 3 continents around the world right now, 7 days a week. Are you interested in building a system that 200 million people will depend on with their lives?
This will not be a glamorous job. It will be hard work. But the impact you can make on what healthcare access looks like in Nigeria in unparalleled. If this feels motivating to you, read on.
What You’ll Do
- Setting standards of excellence: Developing, implementing, and maintaining security processes and policies to safeguard the security across our centers and offices in Nigeria as it pertains to team, warehouses, and premises.
- Intelligence-Gathering: Building relationships with key security stakeholders in Nigeria and abroad to ensure Zipline is at the forefront of knowledge sharing pertaining to possible threats and new security procedures to implement across our centers and organization.
- Security of Mobility: Work with our teams traveling into Nigeria from abroad and within Nigeria to new sites to ensure their movement in the country is secure & without unanticipated risk.
- Compliance: Working together with legal & regulatory teams to ensure the company is compliant with local, national, and global regulations when it comes to security policies & procedures.
- Crisis Management: Lead & coordinate any emergency response that is required to ensure the safety of our team, warehouses, and premises.
- Innovation: Conducting research and executing security management solutions & technology to help keep the company team, warehouses, & premises safe.
What You’ll Bring
- At least 8 years of professional experience, with experience managing security strategy & teams at an international company.
- Be a servant leader who is willing to jump on all sorts of projects, regardless of whether you’ve had experience doing something similar or not.
- An extremely entrepreneurial drive, especially when it comes to creatively solving hard problems in an unstructured environment.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal + writing) and ability to build strong relationships with internal business teams and external stakeholders.
- The grit, resourcefulness, and resilience to thrive in novel, uncertain and constantly-changing environments.
- A deep belief that access matters and that we can and will provide access to essential medical supplies for every person on the planet.
- Eligibility to work in Nigeria and be based in Abuja.
- Ability to travel quite frequently (around 40%) between our different distribution centers and stakeholders around Nigeria.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
What Else You Need to Know
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state, federal or local law or our other policies.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
CLICK HERE TO APPLY