Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing recruitment to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Safety and Security Officer
Job ID: 9660
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Duration of contract: 10 months renewable.
Category: Health, Safety and Security
Grade: 5 in NRC’s grading structure
Reporting line: HSS Coordinator Nigeria Maiduguri
Schedule: Full time
About Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC): The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
- University or Advanced Degree in Social Studies, Administration, Security Management, Humanitarian / Refugee Affairs, and Disaster Risk Management. HND in a relevant similar field will be considered.
- 2 to 3 years of working experience within a similar function in safety and security management with INGOs, the UN, or the government or private sector.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including capacities to negotiate with different stakeholders
- Strong Report-writing ability and security incident analysis. This will include conflict analysis and research capabilities.
- Previous experience from working in complex and emergency contexts, particularly in North-East Nigeria is desired
- Previous work experience and service in the uniformed forces (military, police, Prisons, NSCDC, etc) is a desired advantage. A certificate of good service discharge will be required.
- Basic computer skills are mandatory ( MS Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook, Sharepoint)
- Working skills in communication equipment (VHF Radio, Satellite Phones, GPS tracker, CCTV) is required.
- Basic web-based mapping knowledge or GIS
How to Submit Your Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Nigeria Nationals Only
- An approved health certificate will be requested before the contract starts/commencement.
- This position is open to National candidates only and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- We invite applications from all qualified and interested candidates.
- Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline.
Application Closing Date
22nd February, 2023.
|Job Category||Intelligence / Security Jobs in Nigeria, Medical / Pharmaceutical / Healthcare Jobs in Nigeria|