International Rescue Committee is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing recruitment to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR & Admin Officer
Requisition ID: req36732
Location: Monguno, Borno
Employment Type: Full-Time
Employment Category: Regular
Sector: Human Resources
Position Technically Reports to: HR Manager Maiduguri
Indirect Reporting: Senior Area Manager
Position directly Supervises: Cook and Cleaners
About International Rescue Committee: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
- University Degree in Management, Human Resources, Administration, or related fields or HND.
- Approximately 2-3 years of professional experience in HR, Administration/Office Management.
Demonstrated Technical Skills:
- Previous experience with Human Resources generalist.
- INGO experience preferred.
- HR certifications and trainings if any, will be an added advantage
- Good understanding of labor law.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills is required
Demonstrated Managerial/Leadership Competencies:
- Strong sense of personal integrity, attention to detail, flexibility, and ability to work with people with diverse culture, religious background, and ethnicity.
- English, Hausa and Kanuri will be an added advantage.
Computer/Other Tech Requirements:
- Full professional competency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
Ability to Travel:
- 5 % of time if applicable
Ability to Travel:
- 50% of time if applicable
How to Submit Your Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- People Living with disability and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
Application Closing Date