Plan International is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing recruitment to fill the position below:
Job Title: Humanitarian Research Manager
Functional Area: Disaster Risk Management and MERL
Reports To: Global Humanitarian Director and Director of Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (matrix managed)
Type of Role: 12 month fixed term contract
About Plan International: Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
- Master’s level or equivalent, preferably with research methods, in humanitarian or development studies or a related subject.
- Good knowledge of disaster risk management issues, ability to analyse and prioritise.
- Good understanding of positions taken by other actors on key DRM issues
- Experience working in advocacy and policy positions dealing with complex humanitarian and/or emergency settings.
- Ability to represent, network and increase the influence and profile of Plan International
- Understanding of networks and their dynamics.
- Emergency preparedness practice
- The Humanitarian Sector and its key current debates in particular in regard to responding to children’s and girls needs with high quality responses
- Knowledge of key donors for emergency responses
- Knowledge of research operations, principles, practices and processes.
- Strong influencing and stakeholder management skills.
- Must be adaptable and able to work independently on multiple tasks, prioritise workload effectively and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical skills and robust problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail; accurate and observant.
- Ability to work within a multi-cultural environment and find creative solutions for successful regional and national knowledge management initiatives to promote learning and information sharing across the organisation
- Good project management skills and constructive flexibility
- Ability to make connections and build relationships within Plan and externally
- Commitment and adherence to humanitarian values and standards
- Fluent in English with strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Arabic, Spanish and/or French verbal and written communication skills is an advantage.
How to Submit Your Application
Interested and qualified candidates should : Click here to apply online
Click here for more information (MS Word)
- Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for.
- We want Plan International to reflect the diversity of the communities we work with, offering equal opportunities to everyone regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
- Plan International is based on a culture of inclusivity and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas.
- We foster an organisational culture that embraces our commitment to racial justice, gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion.
- Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. This means that we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with and we must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
- A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People policy. Plan International also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this scheme we will request information from applicants previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.
- Please note that Plan International will never send unsolicited emails requesting payment from candidates.
Application Closing Date
4th December, 2022.