At Nestoil, we’re on an evolutionary journey where we’re changing our story. We are looking to hire an experienced candidate to join our diverse team in our Dredging Company within the capacity below:
Job Title: Hydraulics Specialist
- In this role, you will ensure efficient installation, maintenance and repair of all hydraulic systems.
As a Hydraulics Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- Installing and repairing hydraulic components, such as pumps, tanks, motors, valves, and filters, using hand tools and power tools, such as grinders and drill presses.
- Using computer tools, such as spreadsheets or modeling software, to design new systems or to analyze existing systems for improvements.
- Repairing or replacing pumps, valves, motors, fittings, cylinders, and other components as needed to repair or replace damaged parts as related to marine industry.
- Installing, repairing, or replacing equipment in machinery used in construction, mining, agriculture, manufacturing, waste management, marine, or other industries.
- Testing and inspecting the hydraulic cylinders, pumps, motors and valves
- Troubleshooting mobile and industrial equipment and systems.
- Conducting field service calls for various hydraulically powered systems and machines for troubleshooting and repair.
- Installing hydraulic components onto in-house or onsite customer equipment
- Using measuring devices, calculators and myriad hand tools, torque tools and various other tools to service equipment
- Performing onsite maintenance and repair to customers equipment
- Professionally interacting with customers to determine service issues
- Providing technical support, as necessary, to all departments and customers
- Working dutifully with Service Writer and Shop Foreman to support the efficient and accurate quoting and billing of repair & service work
- Keeping chronological records of service activity to include each service step, evaluation of system or component, parts request and installation, repairs, completions, and tests/certification.
- Attending various safety certification classes and seminars as required.
- Shopping maintenance including cleaning, organizing, trash removal, and securing valuables during non-working hours.
- Performing preventative maintenance on equipment to ensure that it is working properly.
- Coaching and mentoring less experienced employees to ensure transfer of knowledge as agreed by management.
- Ensuring strict adherence to QHSE policies and procedures and comply with safe work methods as required.
- Performing related work as required and any other tasks assigned by supervisors.
What are we looking for?
- First Degree in Engineering (BSc/HND). Masters in related field will be an added advantage.
- Certification in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Relevant training and professional certifications
- Good knowledge of: Fluid dynamics, hydraulic systems, installation and repair and testing procedures.
- A good understanding of fluid dynamics and the physics behind how fluids behave when put under pressure.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics to enable proper installation and repair of hydraulic systems.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to read and interpret designs.
- Has passion for excellence and working in a fast-paced technical operations environment.
- Has extremely good trouble shooting skills.
- Ability to train current staffs.
- Knowledge of quality management systems such as ISO 9001 as well as relevant code rules and regulations.
- Strong understanding of health and safety best practices.
- Attention to details; very good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Collaborative team-building approach and management style.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
|Job Category||Engineering / Electrical / Mechanical / Civil / Construction / Building Jobs in Nigeria|