About The Company
STRUGZ is a Public Relations, Legal, Management and Training Consulting Firm, with a passion to transform minds in a dynamic way that helps its clients find a rhythm and maximize its potential to a maximum capacity. We organize Business and Financial training, with Networking opportunities and partnerships for Startups and Entrepreneurs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICT Assistant
Requisition Number: ICTAS001864
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Reports Directly To: ICT and Software Development Engineer
Works Directly With: All staff
Employment Type: Full-time
Program / Department Summary
- Mercy Corps has been present in Nigeria since 2012, focusing its interventions on humanitarian assistance, economic development, and conflict mitigation. With the ongoing insurgency in Northeast Nigeria causing the displacement of millions of individuals, Mercy Corps started its humanitarian response in 2014 to address the rising humanitarian needs.
- As the crisis has persisted, Mercy Corps’ strategy has also expanded to address the root causes of the conflict and seek to build the long-term resilience of communities with integrated programs focusing on governance, the recovery of markets and livelihoods, social cohesion and social protection, youth empowerment, and local conflict management.
General Position Summary
- Work under the supervision of, and in collaboration with the IT Systems Administrator (IT Officer) to monitor and maintain all IT Systems in Mercy Corps Abuja office.
Essential Job Functions
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Read, understand and regularly update the Mercy Corps IT Policy. Conduct IT orientations for new staff (Also periodically conduct refresher training) on the IT Policy. Monitor user activities to ensure adherence to these policies.
- Conduct staff training on computer basics, use of MS Office 365 and other productivity tools and applications as used in Mercy Corps.
- Responsible use and confidentiality of any information identified as sensitive.
- Regularly monitor the health and update status of Operating systems and Antivirus on each computer on the network and ensure a virus, malware-free network.
- Assist the IT Systems Administrator in establishing a clear, backup policy for the Mercy Corps office and undertake the necessary steps for this activity including designing a schedule and materials list. Ensure backup and archives are made and stored as scheduled.
- Under the guidance of the IT Systems Administrator, undertake the repairing and maintaining of LAN-s, internet systems and general IT maintenance.
- Oversee repair of computers and IT equipment at a local level, when possible – facilitate and advise on best, safest and most economic solutions.
- Maintain an efficient Local Area Network for Mercy Corps office.
- Identify equipment and accessories required for the smooth functioning of computers and IT equipment in Mercy Corps offices. Facilitate the purchase of items through the Procurement Department.
- Work with the IT Systems Administrator (and Asset Controller) to document and maintain all IT equipment/systems information to include but not be limited to (specifications, system profiles, MAC address, IP Addresses, Network diagrams etc.)
- Assist the procurement team under the guidance of the IT Systems Administrator to provide specifications on IT Equipment/Systems purchases.
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
- Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure and safe environment and are aware of IT policies.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
- Accountable for following Mercy Corps Manual, guidelines, policies and procedures; the Mercy Corps Code of conduct regarding procurement activities and MC Conflict of Interest policy.
Knowledge and Experience
- A minimum of three years experience in information technology systems (IT).
- A relevant University Degree in Computer Sciences is desirable.
- Experience in both hardware and software requirements in local area networking (LAN);
- Mikrotik, CMNO, and Microsoft Office 365 Certifications are an added advantage.
- Exclusive knowledge of internet, proxy, pop mail, and TCPIP settings, windows applications.
- Experience in upright maintenance of all internet account, Logins and account status.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members is required.
- Ability to troubleshoot, plan and design low maintenance systems is a must.
- Ability to troubleshoot and maintain both wireless and cable connections is required.
- Must understand, follow and implement existing policies on IT equipment use and best practices.
- Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
- Mercy Corps team members represent the agency both during and outside work hours. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and Mercy Corps’ policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Application Closing Date
13th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination on any basis. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have a sustained global impact.
- We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, colour, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
- In your statement, you are encouraged to discuss any relevant experience and demonstrate your interest. Your application will be reviewed by the Mercy Corps team and shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly for interviews.
- Mercy Corps interns represent the agency both during and outside of work hours and are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and Mercy Corps policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
- Female candidates who are qualified are strongly encouraged to apply.