Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Information Technology Officer
Ref No: 22000654
Employee Status: Permanent
Team: Information Technology
Post Type: National / International
Reports to: Information Technology Manager
Staff reporting to this post: None
- Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
- To provide IT technical services to Abuja and other field offices by troubleshooting IT issues, ensuring timely maintenance of all communication/IT equipment.
- S/he will provide all needed IT services to and also act as a part of the SCI Nigeria IT team during an operation request.
- The Information Technology Officer shall be accountable for the following key areas in Abuja, and other field offices of Save the Children International program in Nigeria:
- Providing Data Analysis and Visualization services to the country program when required.
- In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Scope of Role
- Reports to: Information Technology Manager
- Staff reporting to this post: None
- Role Dimensions: The successful candidate will have excellent communication, organizational skills, including the ability to manage several tasks simultaneously; have strong interpersonal and networking skills and the ability to work with a diverse range of people.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Support Abuja and other field offices on network troubleshooting ensuring an effective network connection. and maintain the entire local area network installed at the supported office locations
- Troubleshooting and maintain the network devices e.g. printers, scanners, etc.
- Maintain a record of the local network, VPN connection, and the wide-area network installed and terminated in his/her supported location.
- In consultation with the Operations Manager and other team-leads, ensure that visitors (including staff from other locations, ERPs and consultants have the necessary IT assistance to enable them to carry out their official assignments during their visits.
- Configure and install systems and set up new users.
- Carry out routine preventive maintenance/checks, and troubleshoot problems with his/her assigned field offices. Ensure all IT hardware equipment and computer accessories/peripherals are maintained effectively.
- Ensure all IT problems within the office are identified and solutions found and implemented.
- Perform IT hardware inventory update as necessary.
- Set up projectors, printers, photocopiers, fax machines, digital cameras, etc. for everyday office use and as necessary for meetings, etc.
- Ensure the field/sub-field bases supported by him/her have a well-installed and functioning voice network (IP PBX). All devices are functioning and the service is cost-effective
- Troubleshooting technical problems with mobile subscriptions and IP Phone.
- Ensure radio and satellite equipment is operational. Ensure satellite phones are working and SIM cards are activated at all times
- Ensure good asset management at the office(s) he/she is supporting through maintenance of an accurate and up to date asset register and inventory tracking system, in close collaboration with the Logistics and Administrative Officers
- Responsible to make sure that all assets (IT and office equipment) are correctly used
- Oversee the issuance and return of assets to/from staff and record all asset movements and disposals of IT equipment
- Providing the first level on IT helpdesk support in assigned field offices
- Communicating any service disruptions to users, opportunities and other relevant policies
- Carry out any other tasks required by the line manager
IT Security and Backup:
- Keep the network and all computer systems safe, secure, and virus-free.
- Report any alleged or suspected misuse of IT systems/equipment, lapses of security, and major violations of organizational standards to the in-country IT representative.
- Ensure proper backup of all staff information, files, and folders.
- Provide data analysis and visualization support to the country office teams.
- Participate in project designs and provide suggestions and proposal to incorporate ICTs in program delivery.
- Deploy, configure, and maintain ICT4D devices and monitor databases, including networks, servers, and telecommunications.
- Support capacity building initiatives, remotely or on-site, to staff, partners and end-users to ensure efficient and consistent adoption and use of ICT applications.
- Prepare statistical reports on ICT-related data and metrics. As needed, implement measures to ensure required standards are met.
- Basic understanding of business analysis concepts and best practice.
- Demonstrated experience building ICT capacity with professional staff.
- Knowledge of ICT4D trends, applications, and technologies.
- Knowledge of MS Project and Office applications.
- Expert-user level knowledge of agency-supported ICT4D solutions
Other Support Responsibilities:
- Provide inputs into the planning of program activities to incorporate the use of ICTs for program delivery.
- Provide a regular activity/progress report to IT/Information Manager on all aspects of IT operations, highlighting any issues encountered and special initiatives taken, etc.
- Participate in and as part of the program network IT representative manage by the IT/Information Manager
- Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures, including safeguarding children, code of conduct, etc.
Behaviours (Values in Practice)
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modeling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance, and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team takes responsibility for their personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future-orientated, thinks strategically, and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners, and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Level of Education – Degree in IT or related IT certifications.
- Experience in Server and Active Directory Management
- Experience in a relatively insecure field-based environment
Experience and Skills
- At least 2 years of working experience in a similar position preferably in Northern Nigeria.
- Proven knowledge of PABX, hardware maintenance and ability to solve simple hardware problems; this includes set-up and management of network devices e.g. printers, scanners, etc.
- Solid experience in maintaining, troubleshooting and administering a Microsoft Windows-based (local area) network.
- Solid background maintaining, troubleshooting, and administering a Microsoft Windows server 2008.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems, including XP, Windows 2003, and Window 7, and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Proven knowledge of the use of Data Analysis and visualization tools such as Power BI, Tableau etc.
- Knowledge of Azure cloud management
- The successful candidate will have excellent communication, organizational skills, including the ability to manage several tasks simultaneously; have strong interpersonal and networking skills and the ability to work with a diverse range of people.
- Communication & Interpersonal Skill Level – Excellent
- Language Requirements – English – Excellent,
- Level of IT Expertise Required – Excellent
- Desired Number of Years Prior Experience in a Similar Role – 3
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
- The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Safeguarding our Staff:
- The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy
Health and Safety
- The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Application Closing Date
25th August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
|Job Category||IT / ICT (Tech./Web Dev./Software Eng./Systems Mgt/Programmimg/Engineering) Jobs in Nigeria|