We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Inspection Advisor II
Employment Type: Contract
- Promote safety within area of specialty
- Provide a very high level of quality expertise in inspection disciplines such as rotating equipment, instrumentation and electrical equipment, fixed equipment or Non-Destructive Examination (NDE) (e.g. NDE Level III for instance)
- Advise on all quality matters associated with procurement and installation of equipment
- Monitor production processes and perform surveillance activities in a manufacturing or fabrication environment.
- Coordinate and oversee activities of 3rd party and/or Contractor source inspectors
- Perform surveillance activities, quality inspection activities in accordance with the Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs)
- Provide direction to suppliers on quality management. Review and evaluate Contractor’s and Suppliers’ quality documents for accuracy and adequacy.
- Manage interfaces and coordination between Suppliers, Contractors, Quality Supervision and other Project Team disciplines (e.g. Engineering, Construction)
- Lead development and execution of detailed oversight program for high criticality activities or critical equipment inspections.
- Participate in Factory Acceptance Tests (FATs), final inspection release activities, review of supplier Quality Control documents and support closure of punch list items.
- Keep Quality supervision updated with status of quality issues.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership / expertise in quality inspection activities, make judgments and decisions the technical and physical adequacy of associated equipment and systems
- Provides input to and validate Contractor’s / Supplier procedures for inspection and for testing / examining components
- Generate, review and revise operational procedures for inspection and test equipment
- Interface with Quality and Engineering disciplines to provide inspection and testing expertise in the development and review of drawings, procedures and Project plans.
- Support project with the development of method statements and/or examination technique recommendations for equipment inspections; travel to construction and/or fabrication site when requested to review and make technical advice for compliance with specified requirements
- Coordinate activities of 3rd party and Contractor’s inspectors within discipline, in conjunction with Supplier’s Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) team
- Utilize Quality Management expertise to perform audits and/or assessments of Contractors / Supplier implementation of inspection activities and document deficiencies
- Perform supplementary inspections and verification in accordance with requirements of the Inspection and Testing Plan (ITP) and the Project Surveillance Plan(s)
- Provide early warning of potential quality problems and the expertise to avoid / resolve them.
- 4week on / 4week off – 28 days on / 28 days off – 28 days on / 28 days off.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or Associates Degree in Engineering or Science preferred
- Experience executing project construction or quality assurance/control of procurement or construction activities
- Manufacturing, fabrication or construction experience related to project scope
- Recent experience in selected inspection discipline
- Willing and able to business travel (domestic/overseas) to project sites to provide various levels of support
- Additional Comments for suppliers: o ASNT Level 3 in at least 5 out of 7 NDT methods.
- Minimum of 5 years NDE advisory experience (inspector training, code interpretation, 3rd party supervision).
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Basic proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Application Closing Date
21st November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV / Resume to: [email protected] using “Inspection Advisor II” as the subject of the email.
|Job Category||Advisor, Inspectorate Jobs in Nigeria|