We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Instructor (Creative Writing)
Locations: Abia and Osun
- We are looking for Instructors to teach creative writing in our program. The instructor is expected to have not just the ability to write, but the ability to TEACH young students how to write. The program includes a capstone project in which students are expected to produce a written work which they could publish widely if and when feasible.
- Instructors are expected to have the ability and experience to guide students from the very rudiments of the creative writing process, to the production of a valuable piece of written work.
Prospective applicants MUST have ALL of the following:
- Candidates should possess an HND / Bachelor’s Degree in English Language or any related course with at least 2 years relevant work experience.
- Proven experience as a Creative Writer.
- Ability to understand curriculum and develop lesson plans and teaching methods that will help students from different backgrounds.
- Ability to plan, execute and coordinate standardized academic tutoring, which is progressive and reflective of the needs of learners.
- Excellent written and oral communication skill.
- Prior experience in an educational establishment would be considered as a plus.
- Prior experience teaching online or familiarity with an online teaching establishment would be beneficial.
- Instructors are expected to have demonstrable experience or appreciable interest in early childhood education to be able to teach students in HAC, who are typically elementary and secondary school students. (A combination of a teaching certification AND demonstrated experience (> 2 years) teaching in a school would be ideal.)
Prospective applicants should note the following:
- Instructors should expect to be engaged approximately 10-15 hours per week (part-time).
- We expect instructors to have hands-on familiarity with the Common Core standard.
- Prior experience teaching online or familiarity with an online teaching engagement is critical in this position.
- Intending instructors MUST have ALL of the following:
- A reliable laptop or desktop, equipped with a good quality webcam and microphone, keyboard and mouse (or touchpad), as no instruction will be permitted over a handheld or mobile device.
- The same laptop or desktop mentioned above MUST be able to run the necessary software to be used in class.
- Stable, reliable broadband internet access.
- Space from which to provide daily instruction to students, free of distraction or intrusion during class sessions.
- Availability to teach on weekends (primarily on Saturdays) and at least TWO evenings during the week.
Application Closing Date
1st January, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Cover Letter and a Resume clearly outlining their teaching experience with specific references to any teaching certifications, where applicable via: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Applications submitted without a cover letter will be deemed non-responsive.
|Job Category||Arts / Craft / Creatives Jobs in Nigeria, Education - Higher Institution / Teaching / Lecturing / Training Jobs in Nigeria|