We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Interim Grants Management Specialist
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Supervised by: Programme Development and Quality Manager
Reporting to: Programme Development and Quality Manager
Employment Period: 3 months with possibility of extension
Type of Contract: (Expat / National / Trainee): International
Contract type: Expatriate contract
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has had an operational presence in Nigeria since 2015, and has experience working in 33 Local Government Areas (LGAs) across the BAY states.
- DRC provides life-saving assistance and protection to vulnerable, conflict-affected populations including IDPs, returnees, and host communities in the sectors of armed violence reduction, livelihoods, nutrition and food security, protection, shelter and non-food items (NFI) and water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH).
- The operational context in northeastern Nigeria remains challenging, as the ongoing conflict impedes conflict-affected communities’ access to what limited basic services are available, as well as DRC and other humanitarians’ access to persons of concern.
- Develop high quality funding proposals and reports, compliance with donor and internal DRC rules and regulations, donor reporting, information management and grants management capacity-building efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities
Grant Management & Reporting:
- Oversee and refine grants and contract management systems and processes
- Update, streamline, and disseminate grants management tools and resources
- Develop and maintain up-to-date and in-depth knowledge of donor and government policies and support implementing teams to ensure full compliance
- Draft, review and provide support in the negotiation of project agreements, including sub-agreements, teaming agreements and memoranda of understanding
- Lead donor reporting processes by coordinating, compiling, editing and providing feedback to ensure the development of high-quality narratives and timely submissions
- Support the PDQM to plan and coordinate the development of high-quality project proposals, including narratives, budgets, budget narratives, work plans, staffing lists, and other required annexes
- Contribute and lead on communications tasks, as appropriate.
- And any other responsibilities assigned by the PDQM.
Qualifications and Work Experience:
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience with an NGO
- Experience in writing high quality proposals for large donors, such as FCDO, EU, BHA, ECHO, USAID, and UN agencies
- Knowledge of donor rules and regulations
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize large workloads, to consistently meet deadlines and adapt in a complex and challenging work environment
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently both independently and in teams
Knowledge and Skills:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Salary and Conditions
- In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment.
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
Application Closing Date
3rd October, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- DRC provides equal opportunity in employment and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
- DRC encourages all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- However, all applicants shall take into consideration that DRC cannot offer an international work contract to a citizen of the country of assignment (in this specific case, Nigeria)
- Applications close on the 03rd of October 2022 at midnight (GMT-time). Applications submitted after this date will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, DRC has the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
- Danish Refugee Council is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and positive work environment based on mutual respect for all employees. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, age, ability, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other factor.
- At DRC we celebrate diversity and appreciate our employees for the people they are and their unique skills, backgrounds, and perspectives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply!
|Job Category||Administrative / Secretarial / Personal Assistant (PA) / Clerical / Office Assistant Jobs in Nigeria|