Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Control Officer
Location: Okpella, Edo
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Finance / Account
Reports To: Head, Internal Control
- Contribute to the identification of control weaknesses that may be found in payment documents as support to the Head, Internal Control Department.
- Ensure compliance with company policy, procedure and process as well as statutory requirements relating to payment, through pre-payment audit exercise.
- Ensure complete payment documentation and necessary approvals.
- Ensure efficient and timely treatment of payment documents.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishment of Prepayment & Internal Process in DCP operational locations
- Review of monthly cash call requests.
- Review of Monthly payroll review
- Review of daily waybill/dispatch allowances
- Review of payment vouchers(Advances, Retirements & Claims/Reimbursements)
- Evaluation of internal control weaknesses and suggestion of appropriate control measures to be implemented
- Verification of Monthly Sales Rebate/Bonuses.
- Monthly activity report.
- Any other job as may be assigned by Head, Internal Control
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Accounting or other related discipline.
- 5 -7 years of relevant work experience.
- Professional qualifications such as ACA or ACCA will be an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledgeable about contemporary industry trends and practices in internal audit & control.
- Organizational and Planning skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem Solving and Analytical skills
- Highly Discretional Disposition
- Confidentiality Mind Set
- Good numerical skills
- Excellent technical and commercial skills
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
- Career Development Opportunities
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Add A Comment