Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
JOB TITLE: Internal Controller Officer
JOB LOCATION: Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Assist in maintaining financial controls with respect to assigned functional areas.
- Reports to Head, Internal Control.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate accounting procedures including month-end procedures and timetables for the month-end and year-end closing for assigned functional area.
- Prepare month-end financial statements and analysis of expenditures for assigned functional area.
- Provide assistance in resolving queries and preparation of cost centre reports.
- Ensure that general ledger accounts are properly maintained, reconciled and discrepancies are promptly addressed.
- Identify control issues such as undefined balances, un-posted entries, balance sheet imbalances, etc. and raising queries for resolution of these issues.
- Monitor the status of budget spending/ activity and review financial reports.
- Ensure compliance with DCP Nigeria’s finance and accounting policies and procedures.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Head, Financial Control & Reporting.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or it’s equivalent in Accounting or other related discipline
- 1 – 3 years of relevant work experience
- Professional qualifications such as ACA or ACCA will be an added advantage.
Requirements, Skills and Competencies:
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Good knowledge and understanding of finance best practices, IFRS and other applicable accounting standards.
- Sound business acumen.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Working knowledge of accounting packages and systems, including SAP.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
- Career Development Opportunities.
Application Closing Date
Add A Comment