World Bank Group
International Finance Corporation (IFC) a sister organization of the World Bank and member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in developing countries. The Bank Group has set two goals for the world to achieve by 2030: end extreme poverty and promote shared prosperity in every country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Investment Officer (Associate)
Job #: req19056
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Required Language(s): English
Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
- The Financial Institutions Group (FIG), one of IFC’s industry departments, supports projects in numerous financial sub sectors, partners with local financial institutions, develops domestic and regional equity and debt markets and introduces new financing instruments.
- The goal is to develop efficient financial systems that will increase financial inclusion and fuel economic growth in client countries and enhance IFC’s developmental impact.
- FIG is recruiting an Associate Investment Officer to join the Investment Team, which originates, manages and monitors IFC’s financial sector investments across Africa.
- The Associate Investment Officer will report either to the FIG Regional Industry Manager covering West and Central Africa (WCA) or the Portfolio Manager, West, Central & Southern Africa.
- The position will be based in Lagos, Nigeria.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Provide key support in identification, appraisal, structuring and negotiation of financial sector investments.
- Identify and analyze fundamental competitive strengths and weaknesses of projects or portfolio companies and identify non-financial issues, opportunities, and risk/reward factors (e.g., business environment, country, and sponsor).
- Handle disbursements, waivers, and complex client interactions such as restructurings; monitor and value equity investments and recommends/executes the sale of holdings.
- Monitor existing investments in portfolio companies, comprising various types of financial entities.
- Review and analyze the financial and operating performance of clients; prepare quarterly risk ratings, annual supervision, and other management reports as well as country strategy papers, briefs and project profiles.
- Handle client relationships and provide insight into sector developments in client countries to anticipate new investment opportunities and/or performance issues.
- Apply knowledge of project/portfolio lifecycle to identify and meet critical path milestones, and to implement tasks (including production of documents) in a timely and high-quality fashion for the processing or supervision of projects.
- Support business development teams in engaging with and delivering projects focusing on FinTech topics such as payments, lending, wealth management, InsurTech and others.
- Actively keep abreast of regional and industry developments and incorporates trends into the processing or supervision of projects.
- Master’s Degree and 5-7 years of relevant experience in the financial sector, preferably in an investment-related function and/or the private equity industry.
- Good understanding of financial and operational characteristics of financial institutions.
- Clear experience and expertise in identifying, evaluating, structuring and negotiating debt and equity transactions; experience in portfolio management.
- Experience in emerging FinTech platforms and technologies such as digital banking, mobile payments, digital lending, InsurTech etc. a plus.
- Strong interest in innovative, disruptive solutions for the financial services industry.
- Sound business judgment and strong problem solving/negotiation skills, as well as ability to work effectively on simultaneous projects under time pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- A keen interest in development finance and working in a multicultural environment.
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
Application Closing Date
28th September, 2022 at 11:59pm UTC
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.