1. JOB IDENTIFICATION
Job Title: IT Manager
2. ORGANISATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
Direct Reports: IT Support Officer, Software Application
Internal: Heads of Functions, Heads of Department, Internal Auditor
External: IT Service providers, regulators, External Auditors and Other Stakeholders
4. JOB SUMMARY
The job holder will be responsible for the following:
– To ensure the streamlined operation of the IT Department in alignment with the business objectives of the organization.
– To plan, coordinate, direct, and design IT-related activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT department.
5. KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
– Develop and direct the implementation of IT operational plans, projects, programs and systems
– Coordinate the use of Navision as an ERP tool within the organisation.
– Establish and maintain appropriate internal control safeguard measures within the IT environment.
Information Technology Management
– Maintain the company’s IT network, servers and security systems.
– Investigate and diagnose network problems.
– Make recommendations for improving the company’s IT systems.
– Liaise with external solution providers to ensure that the organisation remains at the cutting edge of IT developments.
– Oversee the development of specific improvement plans for each area of responsibility and provide regular status reports regarding progress of plan implementation
– Maintain the inter/intra net and ensure minimal down time.
– Facilitate the optimization of the company’s software system and ensure availability of appropriate information
– Assist other departments and divisions with analysis of collected data by creating and maintaining reporting tools
– Develop a standard process to be used on all IT infrastructures to minimize risks to the company.
– Manage physical and access controls over all IT infrastructure within the company.
– Preserve and protect IT related assets.
Systems and Support
– Review, recommend and direct the appropriate capital expenditures to support the IT strategy
– Design and implement changes and improvements in automated management information.
– Develop and implement a disaster recovery plan and procedures to ensure minimal interruption to business operations
– Manage department in order to provide reliable service and support to other divisions (but not limited to, internet and email, file back-ups, network, computers, systems interfaces and printers etc.)
– Establish a maintenance routine to keep IT infrastructures in working conditions at all times.
– Initiate meetings with stakeholders to address ideas and concerns for process efficiency and improvement.
– Facilitate business process reengineering initiatives ensuring appropriate collaboration with other functions
– Performs other duties as delegated by the CFO from time to time
6. JOB SPECIFICATIONS
– First degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
– Professional IT certification.
– Master’s Degree in computer related field.
– Minimum of 6 years experience within a structured IT environment, with a minimum of three (3) years in a senior-level position.
7. KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
– Effectiveness of IT controls
– Adequacy and effectiveness of IT processes & systems in enabling business operations
– Effectiveness of IT infrastructure and deployment
– Reduction in down time of systems.
– Connectivity of all plants
8. JOB COMPETENCY REQIUREMENT
– Business Consulting
– Business Process Design and Reengineering
– Business Risk Management
– Computer Security
– Networking/Hardware Management
– Software Development
– Strategic Thinking
– Web Design
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Candidates who meet the above requirement should email their resume to [email protected] & [email protected]. PLEASE, STATE THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR IN THE SUBJECT FIELD OF THE MAIL.