Growth in Value Alliance (GVA) Partners Limited is a business advisory and market intelligence services firm. Our objectives are to assist organizations to achieve their growth aspirations by providing market intelligence, strategy blueprint, IT solution delivery expertise and business operation improvement capabilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Security Engineer
Employment Type: Contract
An exciting opportunity exists for a highly skilled IT security engineer to join a dynamic project team. The resource shall be responsible for the following:
- Carry out procedural system maintenance on all IT systems.
- Ensure all networks including but not limited to LAN, MAN, WAN, GAN meets the demand of the company.
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults and replace parts as required.
- Maintain all IT system work flows.
- Maintain and update all IT Networks.
- Maintain and contribute to the development of IT Network.
- Participate actively in developing, planning and implementing advance IT systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Lead cybersecurity initiatives in conjunction with Group Cybersecurity team.
- Design and implement security controls to safeguard and monitor events for information systems, enterprise applications and data.
- Lead the implementation of Information Security projects
- Drive internal and external vulnerability assessment, penetration tests engagements and manage results to remediation.
- Respond to escalated security events and drive security incident response processes to ensure timely resolution with minimal disruption.
- Design, document, and deploy secure infrastructure solutions to enhance and evolve the security posture of the business to ensure integrity, availability and confidentiality of all critical enterprise data.
- Provide expertise on security tools, including but not limited to firewalls, Web Application firewalls, IDS/IDP, anti-malware software
- Liaise with stakeholders in respect of operational implementation of security policies and best practices
- Collaborate with the Client Server Team to ensure that technical plans are practical, controls are sustainable, and implementations are managed to minimize risks and adverse impact to servers, workstations and user productivity.
- Implement the infrastructure, configurations and processes to monitor security related events
- Prevent data loss and service interruptions by researching new technologies that will effectively protect the enterprise network.
- Guard all company data, particularly sensitive data, from both internal and external threats by designing broad defenses against would-be intruders
- Take the lead on day-to-day monitoring for unusual activities, implement defensive protocols, and report incidents
- Collaborate with other members of the cybersecurity team to develop new protocols, layers of protection, and other both proactive and defensive systems that stay one step ahead of cyber criminals
- Maintain security guidelines, procedures, standards and controls documentation
- Maintain a working knowledge of current cybercrime tactics
Supervisory / Managerial Responsibilities:
- Ensure conformance to Cyber security Blueprint / Roadmap
- Provide inputs to company strategic plan on all initiatives to ensure that Security gaps/vulnerabilities are identified & closed
- Establish and ensure credibility through strong relationships, value-add to operations and professionalism
- 3 – 5 years of experience in an area of Security specialisation; with experience working with others
- Experience working in a Large organization and preferably in the Telecommunications industry
- Strong background as an Engineer/Architect in application security infrastructure and various network technologies to include devices such as firewalls, VPN, intrusion/extrusion detection, vulnerability & risk assessment tools, encryption technologies, virus/worm/malware prevention, E-business and web application technologies, Data Loss Prevention, whole disk & device encryption solutions, two-factor authentication, common Windows (desktop & server) platforms,
- Experience with Microsoft, Solaris, Unix, Oracle and MSSQL
- Experience working in telecommunications industry
- Managing network and/or network security
- Knowledge should be current with information security best practices and global trends
- Knowledge of security best practices such as; defense in-depth, least privileges, need-to-know, separation of duties, access controls, encryption
- User accountidentity, authorization and authentication management.
- Security incident and event management
- Experience in researching new or emerging technologies and processes that may be incorporated as solutions to reoccurring security concern
- Penetration Testing
- Vulnerability life cycle management
- Advanced Security Incidence Reponse
- Systems Auditing, Database Security, Firewall Design, Intrusion detection system administration Implementation
- Security enforcement on systems level, security audit and vulnerability management
- Telecommunications, Network, wireless & Internet Security.
Application Closing Date
23rd June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (in MS Word and PDF) to: [email protected] and copy [email protected] and [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.