We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Junior Logistics Assistant (Procurement & Logistics)
Organizational Unit: Supply Chain
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term (SST) 6 Months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High School Degree from an accredited academic institution in Supply Chain, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with 3 years of relevant experience in Supply Chain. Or Diploma in the above fields with 1 year of relevant working experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail, Outlook;
- Attention to detail, ability to organize paperwork in a methodical way;
- Discreet, details and clients-oriented, patient and willingness to learn new things; and,
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of the local language.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- This is a national position and only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
Application Closing Date
28th November 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications via email to: [email protected] using “SVN2022.159 Abuja, Nigeria. Junior Logistics Assistant (Procurement & Logistics) SST” as the subject of the mail.
Click here to apply online
Important Information and Notice
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Failure to use the above SVN in your email subject will result to disqualification.
- “IOM does not charge a fee or hire agents at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, training, visa or other fees).
- IOM is hiring candidates only through its Human Resources Unit”
|Job Category||Logistics / Transportation/ Supply Jobs in Nigeria, Procurement Jobs in Nigeria|