We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Knowledge Management Specialist – Task Order 7
Ref No: req13320
Project Overview and Role
- USAID Nigeria IHP Project, a $225 Million USAID-funded contract implemented by Palladium, IHP is an integrated health program with an expanded effort with the Government of Nigeria (GON) to identify and support rapid scale-up of proven interventions through improvement of service delivery and strengthening of health systems.
- It will focus its support for service delivery in six intervention areas, family planning, malaria, routine immunization, nutrition, maternal/newborn health, and treatment of childhood pneumonia/diarrhea.
- This program will work closely with state-level government officials to support established state-level Health and Development Plans, build capacity, and promote ownership of interventions, systems, and results. Specific interventions will need to be tailored to local contexts and will be fully developed at the state and Local Government Area (LGA) levels.
- Through agreements with individual states, the program’s potential breadth is the entire country with an emphasis on the north.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead in the development and implementation of IHP Knowledge Management Strategy across the IHP Project and build capacity of Knowledge Management Specialists in implementing the strategy
- Identify, document and share IHP most significant evidence-based change stories, lessons learnt and best practices using a multi-media platform
- Working with other technical leads to constantly develop materials to update IHP with case studies, process documents, research briefs and other publications of the project.
- Lead quarterly exercises to elicit lessons learned, to answer learning questions, and track inputs, outputs, outcomes and impact and link to the project’s Theory of Change.
- Lead with technical leads in compiling and completing quarterly and annual reports, highlighting key achievements, lessons learned and challenges.
- Maintain updated Technical deliverable tracker for Task Order 7 and ensure these are kept up to date in other Task Orders by working with other Knowledge Management Specialists.
- Develop and manage a project knowledge management repository/warehouse by Task Order, thematic areas, consultancies and Grants.
- Document and share learning across task orders and by engaging partners and project learning champions.
- Manage IHP Marking and Branding following the approved Marking and Branding plan and ensure compliance across all task orders. Support all TOs in designing branding material such as signage and plaques for all IHP supported facilities, and other branding material.
- Support digital solutions, including identifying content for Audio Job Aids and Curricula.
- Conceptualize and build IHP’s legacy through legacy documents, publications, and other means.
- Constantly update the IHP team with key publications, reports and news features related to IHP specific subject matter in Nigeria.
- Build linkages and partnerships with media companies to promote ongoing conversation about important and sensitive health-related issues in Nigeria.
- Support the MEL Director, DCOP and COP to respond effectively and efficiently to requests for deliverables, information and documents from USAID.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The Knowledge Management Specialist must be experienced in Public Health / Public Health Communication, International Development, or related field.
- S/he will have demonstrated experience working with complex health or development projects that required collaboration with multiple stakeholders.
- S/he must be familiar with the public context in Nigeria and have in-country experience with USAID / International donor programs.
Additional qualifications include:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Public Policy, Social Sciences or related field. A Master’s Degree will be a plus.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in communications, health communications / reporting, knowledge management, social media or related field, and working in public health with USAID / International Donor Programs.
- Demonstrated strength and experience writing project reports (progress updates, monthly, quarterly, annual), technical reports, and policy briefs.
- Proven ability to lead the planning, coordination and execution of knowledge management products and managing a project knowledge warehouse/repository.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and build consensus across diverse sets of stakeholders.
- Experience in client relationship management, reporting, program work planning is preferred.
- Prior experience working with USG-funded programs is required.
- Fluent in English (written and oral communication) and Hausa.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
|Job Category||Administrative / Secretarial / Personal Assistant (PA) / Clerical / Office Assistant Jobs in Nigeria, NGO / Non-Profit Associations Jobs in Nigeria|