KwaraLEARN (Leading Education Achievement and Reform Now) is a core new education programme by the Government of Kwara State to deliver dramatic improvements in learning outcomes in public schools for all children across Kwara State. KwaraLEARN will transform all government primary schools across the state into powerful public schools using an innovative technology and data-driven platform, coupled with high-quality learning materials, effective training and ongoing coaching for teachers and school leaders, and technology-enabled support teams to create 360-degree support for learning outcomes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Leadership and Development Officer
Location: Kwara, Nigeria
About the Role
- This role is responsible for effective and high quality implementation of training programs and ensuring that teachers are well-supported through the academic year for the designated new or existing NewGlobe territory that you are assigned.
- This role reports to the Manager, L&D in the territory.
What You will Do
- Establish School Inspection Procedures. The School Inspection Director is responsible for creating and implementing School Inspection procedures and methodologies after deeply understanding our processes. The School Inspection Director will measure, monitor, and analyse current processes, make recommendations for improvement and develop new solutions to enhance quality control. The School Inspection Director will use and continually improve the core audits and best practices already in place.
- Data gathering & analysis
- Be responsible for gathering all training data and preparing the training report to be shared with L&D Shared Services.
- Gather reliable data consistently from classroom observations and coaching at school within the designated territory and report to the Shared Services L&D team.
- Analyse data from training and observations and share trends, insights with Schools and L&D Shared Services team for improvements.
- In collaboration with Shared Services Academics, support the design and execution of pilot projects that seek to answer questions on training and coaching effectiveness which will eventually lead to process improvements for L&D
Training & support:
- Be well-equipped to train as an excellent facilitator who will deliver on the Leadership & Development vision for supporting teachers and school leaders in NewGlobe territories (existing or new)
- Visit classrooms regularly in between training for observing classroom teaching, coaching teachers and supporting school leaders to be effective instructional leaders.
- Participate actively in all activities leading up to the launch of the training under the guidance of L&D Manager ensuring all logistical and operational prerequisites are in place to ensure effective implementation of training.
- Work with the content design team in Cambridge through the Manager, L&D to support professional development of supervisors as needed by the Schools team.
What You should Have
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any field. Degrees or certifications in Education would be a bonus.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a teacher. Any teacher training experience would be a bonus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is a must. PowerPoint, Word, and Google Suite knowledge will be a bonus.
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A networking mastermind – You excel at meeting new people and turning them into advocates. You communicate in a clear, conscientious, and effective way in both written and oral speech. You can influence strangers in the course of a single conversation. Allies and colleagues will go to bat for your ideas. You have an existing network from prior experience in the country, preferably in the regulatory, education, or business sectors.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, KwaraLEARN works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate –The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience,
- A malleable learner –You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely on your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
- A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
|Job Category||Administrative / Secretarial / Personal Assistant (PA) / Clerical / Office Assistant Jobs in Nigeria|