SPIE Oil & Gas Services Nigeria
SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific. Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: Lifting Foreman
Location: Amenam – Offshore – Port Harcourt, Rivers
Contractual hours: Full time
Contract type: Permanent Contract
Area activity: Mechanical, HVAC and Electrical Services
- Organises on site the Rigging & Lifting operations which are placed under his responsibility.
- Assists the Planning Engineer with the resourcing and suitable planning input to ensure a quality preparation and execution of all Rigging and Lifting works.
- With his team assists specialists working under Specific Maintenance Contracts (SMC),
- Ensures that COMPANY’s HSE regulations are respected (especially procedures related to Work Permits), as well as approved operating procedures and standard industry practice during preparation and performance of Rigging and lifting
- operations placed under his responsibility,
- Assists the Inspection Superintendent with the control of Rigging Certification ensuring all rigging and Lifting equipment onboard the FPSO and Field is duly certified, colour coded and fit for purpose. He has the duty and authority to quarantine any equipment he deems unsafe for use until reviewed by specialist or replaced,
- Maintains all rigging equipment in the rigging store and all rigging database facilities used, monitoring the competence of all personnel using rigging and lifting equipment,
- Assists the Warehouse Supervisor in the control and handling of special lifting equipment,
- Ensures that the transfer of knowledge by mentoring occurs properly within his team and actively participates in this himself, leading others by his example,
- Assists specialists and ensures the successful completion of all routine 6 Monthly Lifting Equipment surveys and ensures all equipment not inspected or colour coded is quarantined,
- Manages and Coaches/Mentors the team of technician/s directly under his responsibility,
- Is a member of the SITE emergency team,
- Carries out, at CONTRACTOR’s site representative’s request, any intervention within his field of competence.
The holder of this post must have the following qualifications:
- 5 to10 years’ experience in the field of lifting & Rigging operations on oil and gas production installations,
- LOLAR lifting Certificates
- NVQ in Rigging and lifting Experience is preferred.
- Specific professional knowledge: CMIMS : SAP/R3, LOLAR lifting plans, Risk Assessment techniques,
- Ability to lead and motivate a multi-national team,
- Takes a Pride in his work,
- Has the ability to maintain good relations with colleagues and others,
- Physical ability to work on offshore installations in the climatic conditions of the site,
- Languages: Spoken and Written English necessary (score of >> 3.5 in standard Total test or Bright test or 780 in TOEIC), French an advantage.
- He must have proven ability as a leader of a small team.
- Perfectly competent and independent in his own field,
- He must show common sense and an organizational ability.
- Natural authority, founded on his abilities and on the trust he has in his teams, is essential.
Minimum level of experience required:
- 6 years or more.
- Lifting Certification
- OPITO Level 3
- or LEEA APLO.
- English (D-Full professional proficiency).
What can we offer you?
We offer a variety of stimulating and evolving experiences: exciting projects, learning from professionals and immersed in international culture.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online