Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Livelihood Assistant – Economic Empowerment
Location: Pulka, Borno
- The purpose of this role is to have an experienced Livelihoods Assistant in income generating activities (IGA), Village Savings and Loan Association (VSLA) and Apprenticeship scheme for the WFP project in Pulka.
- The Assistant will be in charge of the livelihood components of the project and all that is related to economic empowerment of the target beneficiaries.
Dimensions of the Role
- The Livelihood Assistant will be responsible for the livelihood activities of the project, this includes VSLA, Animal production, vocational development, business management, financial literacy and IGA.
- Support the beneficiary selection for the livelihood component.
- Supervise the in-kind and cash distribution, success of VSLA groups and ensure the IGA component is sustainable.
- Facilitate the in-kind and cash distribution and ensure the protection of all beneficiaries at the distribution point is not compromised.
- Collect information on government units and partners that are into economic empowerment and small-scale business and share with the project coordinator
- Supervise the community assistants that work on IGA, VSLA and Animal production
- Report all areas of the livelihood activities to the project officers and link up with livelihood specialist through the coordinator for any support.
- Design the techniques of improving project delivery on IGA, VSLA and CBT.
- Develop the capacity of the team on livelihood activities
- Contribute to overall reports of livelihood project.
- Design and follow up a local value chain of CBT, VSLA and IGA and see how the project beneficiary will benefit from it.
- Support market development on selected IGA of the beneficiaries in the target area.
- Facilitate training on business management, financial literacy, poultry production, soap making and food processing
- Ensure that the trainees under apprenticeship scheme are being monitored during the training.
- Collate reports and share with appropriate colleagues before deadlines.
- Engage relevant partners for the progress of the work.
- Any other assignment from the livelihood officer or his/her delegate.
Qualifications and Technical Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business Management, Home Economics, Entrepreneurship Development.
- Experience in working in deep field location
- Candidate should be from Gwoza local government, Borno state and preferably from Pulka community.
- Good knowledge of vocational studies, ability to train on knitting, soap making, petty business, financial literacy, tailoring and other vocational studies.
- Knowledge and experience in M&E.
- Experience with participatory learning approaches.
- Experience of conducting assessments in emergency contexts.
- Experience of training on poultry farming.
- Fluency in English and Hausa, written and spoken
Skills & Knowledge:
- Ability to work independently and as a team player who demonstrates leadership and is able to support and train local and international staff and also able to work with disaster affected communities in a sensitive and participatory manner.
- Excellent negotiation, representation, skills and the ability to work comfortably with an ethnically diverse staff in a very sensitive environment.
- Strong organizational and work prioritization skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work cooperatively.
- Proven ability to solve problems independently without direct supervision.
- Good facilitation skills and ability to deliver induction briefing/training.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels, and to maintain this under pressure
- Ability to work with limited supervision from line manager.
Application Closing Date
11th August, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities.
- Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|Job Category||Livelihood and Food Security|