Smiling Hearts Initiatives International is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing recruitment to fill the position below:
Job Title: Livelihood / IGA Assistant
Locations: Maiduguri – Borno, Yobe and Adamawa
Employment Type: Contract
About Smiling Hearts Initiatives International: Smiling Hearts Initiatives International (SHI) is a non-governmental, nonprofit organization founded in Nigeria and has been operational since 2016 as Zumunchi Hearts Initiative International before its official registration with the CAC on the 10th October 2018 as Smiling Hearts Initiative International (SHI Int.). SHI Int. is committed to immediate humanitarian relief and support to those in urgent need and also protects dignity of persons affected by natural deserter, violence crime or any other emergency. Independent, private and nonprofit, Nigerian base NGO SHI Int’l (operating under the Nigerian law) respects a strict political and religious impartiality, and operates following principles of non-discrimination, transparency, according to its core values: Compassion, Equality, Diversity, Integrity, Team Work and Responsiveness
- Education to B.Agriculture or any other related subject or equivalent field experience (in agricultural research programme) and livelihood programming.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience.
- Previous experience of project management and implementation
- Relevant experience of working in livelihoods, including report writing.
- Experience of and commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation
- Experience of training and capacity building of staff
- Some experience of representation and ability to represent SHI effectively in external forums.
- Knowledge of institutional donors and experience of developing proposals
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
- Excellent communication and strong influencing skills
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- A high level of written and spoken English
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of SHI. In particular, a good understanding of SHI mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
How to Submit Your Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online
Note: SHI is an equal opportunity organization with high regards to Gender, as such qualified female candidate are highly encouraged to apply.
Application Closing Date
30th March, 2023.
|Job Category||Livelihood and Food Security|