Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Logistics Assistant – Facilities
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full Time
Reporting to: Logistics Officer
Proposed start date: June 2022
- We are currently looking to fill the role of Logistics Assistant – Facilities who will be responsible to support Logistics Officer in facilities and premises maintenance.
- Oversee the maintenance and repair of mechanical equipment;
- Assist Logistics Officer in follow-up and support of the receipt, storage, accounting and reporting of all items received, dispatched and stored in the warehouse(s) in collaboration with the store keeper;
- Assist the storekeeper, prepare and supervise loading, offloading and ensure all documents are duly filled and signed, when required;
- Ensure maintenance of generators and monitoring of generator log sheet;
- Participate in procurement process of requested items with validation from Logistics Officer;
- Assist in monitoring the application of logistic procedures on base;
- Participation in defining and improving logistical procedures.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with professional experience in Logistics and Procurement with an NYSC Completion certificate;
- At least 2 year proven experience in logistics management in a reputable organization;
- IT/excel literate;
- Technical skills in maintenance of electrical and mechanical equipment;
- Skills in routine facility inspection and reporting;
- Knowledge of fire and health safety guidelines;
- Highly motivated, and flexible;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Previous experience working with local/international NGO;
- Good interpersonal skills.
- NGN183,056 per month (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
11th May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible. Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
|Job Category||Logistics / Transportation/ Supply Jobs in Nigeria|