The National Agency for Science and Engineering Infrastructure (NASENI) was established in 1992 by the Federal Government after the recommendations of the White Paper Committee on the 1991 Report of a 150 member National Committee on Engineering Infrastructure comprising Scientists, Engineers, Administrators, Federal and State Civil Servants, Economists, Lawyers, Bankers and Industrialists.
The mandate of NASENI is specifically in the area of Capital goods, research, production and reverse engineering. NASENI, by its mandate and scope of operation is the Nigerian only purpose built Agency designed to conduct developmental work in the areas of manufacturing and as such, it is capable of coordinating the proliferation of technologies developed either within or outside of its Centers including patents obtained. Technologies developed in the areas of spares, components and systems engineering are to be transferred to Entrepreneurs for the production of goods and services.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below for NASENI’s Research and Development (R&D) Institute:
Job Title: Managing Director, Advance Manufacturing Technology Development Institute (AMTDI) – CONRAISS 15
Location: Jalingo, Taraba
Institute: Advance Manufacturing Technology Development Institute (AMTDI)
Tenure: 4 Years Renewable
Mandate of The Institute
Advance Manufacturing Technology Development Institute (AMTDI) Jalingo was established to research and develop processes, methods, and practices in the areas of modern manufacturing such as automation, industrial process control, precision engineering and proliferation of Advance Manufacturing Technology (AMT) Culture in the manufacturing sector of the Nigerian economy.
- The Managing Director is responsible for design and manufacture of systems, machines and equipment using new and emerging technologies in the manufacturing sector especially Industry 4.0 in collaboration with other institutes of the agency and in line with the need of Nigerian economy.
- He is expected to give the institute purposeful leadership in modern manufacturing method such as robotics; additive manufacturing; and appicatiori of artificial intelligence.
- He reports direcfly to the Executive Vice Chairman/Chief Executive of NASENI.
- Candidate must possess a Ph.D. qualification in any field of Production or Control / Process / Metallurgical / Mechanical / Mechatronics / Robotics or Systems Engineering.
- Candidates must be registered with COREN and produce evidence of membership of other relevant professional bodies.
- Publications in peer-reviewed scholarly journals is a requirement.
- Post graduation experience in any of the fields of Production or Control/ Process/ Metallurgical/ Mechariical/ Mechatronics / Robotics / Systems Engineering, project and process development, teaching, research or industry is required.
- Sound knowledge of materials designs, selection, manufacturing, and the relationship of these to commerce and industrialization, will be an advantage.
- In addition, very reasonable experience in production and maintenance management will be required.
- Candidates must possess relevant Ph.D. Degrees appropriate to the mandate of the institutes.
- Minimum of 15 years post-qualification (post first degree) experience in technical fields, and requisite experience at management level is a mandatory requirement.
- Candidates must possess knowledge in the new and emerging areas of science and technology, including CNC and CAD/CAM.
- Candidates must demonstrate leadership qualities.
- Candidates must demonstrate capacity for Research and Development (R&D).
- Candidate should possess the ability to develop/implement prospective vision for the institute, establish strategic goals, liaise with the private sector and other local and international research and technology-based organizations.
- Senior executives in the Engineering/Science Infrastructure operation of NASENI, who meet the conditions herein are encouraged to apply.
- Candidates without factory/industrial experience need not apply.
- Candidates must not be more than fifty-five (55) years of age by October 2022.
- Ownership of productive patents would be an advantage.
Application Closing Date
9th August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to forward their Applications with Fifteen (15) copies of their up-to-date CV. This include among others:
- Educational / Professional Qualifications with Dates
- Relevant Job Experience
- Present Salary and Emolument
- Confidential Report from three Referees addressed directly to “The Executive Vice Chairman / Chief Executive.
- Contact address with Telephone Numbers and Email Addresses.
All Applications should be sent in one envelope with the name of the Institute marked at the Top Left Hand Corner and addressed to:
The Executive Vice Chairman / Chief Executive,
National Agency for Science and Engineering Infrastructure (NASENI),
Idu Industrial Area,
PMB 391, Garki,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|Job Category||Director / Associate Partner Jobs in Nigeria|