TotalEnergies is a broad energy company that produces and markets fuels, natural gas and electricity. A leading player in the energies industry with activities in more than 130 countries worldwide, we are committed to energy that is more affordable, more reliable, and cleaner, in compliance with the highest safety and environmental standards.
To be part of this dynamic global team whose mission is already shared by 100,000 employees worldwide, TotalEnergies EP Nigeria Limited welcomes applications from suitably qualified Nigerians for the position below:
Job Title: Marine Superintendent
Offer ID: 59317BR
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Branch: Exploration and Production
Employment Type: Regular position
Metier: General S/T Responsabilities, Terminal Operations, Stock Management, Transport, Lifting & Handling, Upstream Logistics
Marine Support and Quality Assurance Activities:
- Provides expertise in the specialist field of marine engineering and operations to support the Affiliates marine activities as required by directives EP19, DGEP General Policy for Marine Operations, CR LSO 200 and Marine Operations Standards.
- Development and coordination of quality assurance programmes for watercrafts and associated services employed to support the Affiliates E & P activities. Coordinates and partakes in all marine audits, including MODU’s, DSV’s, other specialist vessels, and Contractors’ Management systems,
- Organizes fleet quality assurance activities of Offshore/Onne Marine Superintendents with respect to vessels in service for the Affiliate.
- Provides Marine Engineering/Operational support to Drilling, Projects, and other clients regarding operations. This includes monitoring of “third party” operations where Company assets are involved (for example pipeline crossings, Rig Moves near pipelines, DSV, Diving, etc.).
- Manages and supervises ad-hoc offshore marine operations (e.g., unplanned st-by mooring or meteocean buoy replacements/relocations, floating export hose interventions, Rig and barge moves etc.), in liaison with Line Management and Client Departments as necessary.
- Contributes to the development and revision of marine procedures in compliance with the Company CMS
- Routine vessel visits, monitoring of vessel condition & follow up and Conduct inspection of potential/contracted vessels and crew assessment
- Drive improvement and corrective action plans definition and implementation, incident investigation and follow-up (implementation of CTA
- Promote implementation of COMPANY Marine procedures (guidelines on approach to Offshore installations, etc.), CMS and COMPANY HSE rules
- Monitor and propose corrective actions to Marine related anomaly reports, inspect on monthly basis the boat landings and issue a comprehensive report regarding their conditions.
- Participate in the Marine risk analysis and responsible for achievement of agreed objectives/corrective actions defined in contractor audit plan
- Conduct OVID inspections for TEPNG (if approved Auditor) and DP audits
- Advise Offshore Installation Managers for the Marines Operations (loading & unloading cargoes, transfer of passengers)
- Monitor and administrate all document control forms to vessels contracted by COMPANY
- Interface with Security Department and address all operational matters with the security vessels
- Assist in contractor Marine operations, procedure analysis and follow up of their application on site
- Provide Marine expertise to all departments (Drilling, Projects and Production) concerning marine related activities.
Contract Administration and Management Activities:
- The position is responsible to the Marine Manager with respect to providing Marine inputs, in line with Company requirements, for all stages in the lifecycle of Call for Tender’s (CFT’s) related to Marine Services, namely, definition and justification of the needs, drafting of contract strategies, developing of technical exhibits for ITT publication, preparing of technical evaluation criteria, performing technical evaluations, performing pre-award site visits and acceptance tests etc.
- Acts as the custodian of the technical evaluation stage for all marine related call for tenders. This includes performing evaluations, preparation/responding to technical clarifications requests and preparation of Technical Tender bulletins as required, during CFT’s.
- Provides Company Marine representation during partners and regulators engagement e.g., NAPIMS, NIMASA, NCDMB etc.
- Coordinates Contractor service quality meetings (SQM’s) and Marine Contractors forums
- Performs oversight function on all Affiliates chartered vessels to ensure full compliance with contractual provisions Diving Activities (Affiliate Diving Contact Person
- Ensure that diving operations are carried out safely and in accordance with applicable regulations, codes and standards.
- Organization and preparation of audit, selection and prequalification of diving contractors in accordance with Company rule, CR EP LSO 400
- Participant in diving incident investigation, emergency preparedness and evacuation, and proposing of corrective actions.
- Participates in the selection of the Company Diving Rep. on board the diving support vessel, involvement in the contractual processes and provides direct supervision of the contracted personnel
- The principal point of liaison with the CDR on site for all diving related matters.
- Centralizes and reviews the affiliate’s diving derogation requests to CR EP LSO 400 and GS EP LSO 410 before passing them to the DGEP Underwater Operations Specialists for instruction.
Context and Environment:
- Incumbent is based in Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
- Work regime: rotational position
- Frequent travels to the multiple logistics sites and port including offshore sites
- Qualifications: STCW 95 Class 1 (Engine or Deck) Certificate of Competence.
- Experience: Minimum of 10 years of sea going experience with at least 3 years as senior officer (Chief Officer, 2nd Engineer).
- Experienced in O&G Marine operations (5 years).
- Vessel inspection and auditing.
- Experienced in working in an offshore oil field
- Experience and knowledge of a wide range of offshore support vessels, Dynamic positioning systems, logistic vesels, Diving and Construction vessels, Semi-submersible and Jack up units.
- Training, coaching and mentoring vessel crews
- Computer literate
- Proven record of achievement within marine operations.
- Experience of multi-activity joint venture operations.
- Good awareness of industry/transportation trends, philosophies, best practice etc.
- Fluent in spoken and written English. Fluent in French optional.
Application Closing Date
5th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interview Location: LAGOS-EKO1 TWR (NGA)
- All applications must be completed online
- Applicants are advised to submit only one application per position to avoid disqualification.
- TotalEnergies EP Nigeria Limited, and its approved recruitment consultants, will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application. Anyone demanding such is not an authorized TotalEnergies representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
- TotalEnergies EP Nigeria Limited will not take responsibility for any careers / job vacancies placed outside this advert or Total Energies careers website careers.totalenergies.com
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.