Wartsila is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2018, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 5.2 billion with approximately 19,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 80 countries around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mechanical Plant Technician
Location: Ewekoro, Ogun
Function: Contract Delivery
Job Category: Engineering
- We are now looking for a Mechanical Plant Technician to join our O&M team at Ewekoro, Nigeria. The Successful candidate will report to the Maintenance Manager.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Responsible for economical and safe operations and maintenance of the plant during the designated shift. To comply with all safety regulations including isolation, lock out and tag out.
- Responsible for maintaining the machines and auxiliary equipment in good conditions of cleanliness, take the necessary steps for the prevention and correction of the found abnormalities.
- Reconditioning of engine components, overhaul of engine components
- Be able to isolate and prepare for the stopping and starting of engines, be able to resolve possible flaws that occurs during the starting and stopping.
- Carry out corrective inspections of all mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical equipment and supervision of the engines.
- Reset alarmed equipment on plant panels, be able to identify the alarms which occurred in the electric panels and equipment protection and to correct all abnormalities that occur in equipment.
- Be able to assemble and disassemble completely and clean internal components of the lubricating oil and heavy oil separators, be able to identify abnormalities that occur in these referred separators, presenting probable solutions.
- Be able to start the engines and to synchronize them and present immediate solutions of protection of the equipment in cases of possible flaws.
- Be able to identify and locate all existing sensors and transmitters of pressure and temperature of the engines and their auxiliary equipment, knowing how to test them and to substitute them if necessary.
- Be able to identify and correct abnormalities that occur to the excitation systems of the engines as well as the test the protection and supervision equipment of these excitation systems.
- Maintenance of machine tools, fixtures, cutting tools and hand tools.
- Sub assembly work
- Reporting of the work
- To clean and keep the working area in good order
- Proposals for spare parts order stock, stock keeping and inventory making, arranging of arriving goods.
You Will Shine in this Role When You Have
- HND / B.Eng / B.Sc / B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent educational background.
- Minimum of 3 years of working experience.
- Proven Working experience on Wartsila W50 DF Engines is an added advantage
- Proven working experience in a power plant is an added advantage
- Working experience with international companies (such as oil & gas and Power plants) being highly focused on the implementation and respect of QHSE procedure is an added advantage.
- Perform all activities needed to reach the objectives of the position and comply with the orders, instructions, values, and company policies applicable as employee and/or the position.
- Understanding of Wärtsilä business, quality, and workplace safety is a plus.
Application Closing Date
20th June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
|Job Category||Engineering / Electrical / Mechanical / Civil / Construction / Building Jobs in Nigeria|