We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Laboratory Scientist
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking to engage and employ highly motivated healthcare professionals in various specializations, to join a team of professionals to provide the highest standards of care to patients.
- If you are an excellent professional looking to take your career to the next and higher level of growth, apply here!
- As a medical laboratory scientist at our facility, you will work to analyze a variety of biological specimen, perform scientific testing on samples and report results to physicians.
Duties and Responsibilities
You will be required to perform a variety of functions including:
- Receive urine, blood or other samples for experimentation and analysis
- Prepare standard volumetric solutions or reagents to be combined with specimens
- Manage and operate laboratory equipment
- Test and study blood, urine and other body fluids
- Evaluate test results and prepare reports for physicians
- Maintain laboratory quality assurance and safety standards
- Cross-match blood for transfusion
- Guide and supervise junior staff and technicians
Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Qualifications and work experience required includes;
- Must possess a valid license to practice in Nigeria
- Must have worked in a standard laboratory or modern multidisciplinary Hospital in the last 2-3 years
- 3-5 years work experience in a digitalized environment
- A post graduate or additional qualification and certifications is an added advantage.
- In addition to the required qualification and years of experience stated the ideal candidate would be visionary, an excellent leader, resourceful, a problem solver and deeply committed.
- Good judgment and decision making skills.
- Good listening and communication skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Computer skills.
- Record keeping skills.
- Ability to keep information confidential.
- Patience, adaptable and dependable.
- Accuracy and precision.
- Good hand-eye coordination.
- Good eyesight and near vision.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure,
- Ability to concentrate for long periods of time,
- Knowledge of chemistry and biology.
- Knowledge of clinical laboratory procedures.
- Knowledge of clinical microbiology.
- Knowledge of the use and operation of laboratory equipment such as microscopes and cell counters.
Application Closing Date
1st November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Application Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
|Job Category||Medical / Pharmaceutical / Healthcare Jobs in Nigeria|