Save the Children is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing recruitment to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS Officer)
Job ID: 230000H9
Location: Dutse, Jigawa
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Team/Programme: Child Protection in Emergencies
About Save the Children: Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
- Minimum of BSc in Psychology, Psychiatric Nurse, and Medical social work.
- Minimum of 2 years post NYSC cognate experience in a clinical setting, NGO, and INGO
- Experienced in Psychological First Aid, and other psychosocial support (MHPSS) activities
- Experience working in Child Protection programs, including those with MHPSS component
- Fluent in English and Hausa is desirable
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational skills, and discretion with confidential information
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
- Experience in humanitarian emergencies and/or a refugee/displacement-setting
How to Submit Your Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Closing Date
7th February, 2023.