Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
The Spanish Section of Medecins Sans Frontieres is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Midwife
Location: Shinkafi, Zamfara
Contract Period: 6 Months
Contract: 208 working hours per month
Possibility of extension: Yes
- Provide obstetrical care to pregnant women and their babies, doing follow up before, during and after delivery, according to MSF obstetrical and reproductive health protocols, universal hygienic and newborn caring standards and under supervision of a specialist doctor, in order to ensure their health conditions and avoid post-delivery complications..
- Ensure the implementation and continuity of antenatal and postnatal care, family planning, obstetrical care (BEMONC 1 and CEMONC 2), neonatal and comprehensive abortion care, management of victims of sexual violence, reproductive tract infections and Fistula care in accordance with MSF Reproductive Care Package.
- Collaborating with the medical doctor and /or nurse in the management of Sexual Violence cases
- Assessing the feasibility for referral of pregnant women form the TBAs to the OPD/MCH.
- Ensuring hygiene and sterilization criteria (including universal precautions) are met according to MSF specifications.
- Performing cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Following the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
- Guaranteeing a regular and ongoing supply of drugs and equipment required for maternity activities (including monitoring/consumption control/ordering of orders.
- Ensuring patients’ right to privacy and confidentiality is respected Supervising administrative procedures of admissions and hospitalizations
- According to MSF protocols in force, Manage obstetric emergencies.
- Supervises the use of drugs, facilities and obstetric material Provide quality of care for OPD and in patient management, proper health education and collaborate with other department.
- Manage all obstatrical emergency cases according to protocol.
- Conduct normal deliveries independently Ensure daily data quality on ANC, admission, delivery, PNC, family planning, OPD & discharge registration, proper documentation of referral cases and strengthen linkage of case MH
- Education: Essential- General Nursing & Midwifery Certificate.
- Experience: Desirable: Work experience of at least two (2) years in midwife activities related jobs, MSF Experience
- Essential-General Nursing & Midwifery Certificate.
- Language: English and Hausa Language mandatory
- Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet);
Gross Monthly Salary
According to MSF National Salary Scale
Application Closing Date
10th June, 2022
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- To Apply Fill in the above link and attach your CV in the attachment.
- MSF Encourages Women and People with Disabilities to Apply.