Gokada is a leading technology startup in Africa’s largest economy, Nigeria, and has the potential to become one of the most impactful companies in all of Africa.
Gokada’s services include instant parcel delivery, food delivery, ride-hailing, and more. Currently headquartered in Lagos, Gokada is in the process of expanding to other cities. Our Vision is to be the biggest Super App for Africa and we aim to make African Cities easier, better and more enjoyable to live in by empowering lives of people through technology.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mobile + Frontend Engineering Lead
Employment Type: Full Time
- We are looking to add a passionate Cross-platform mobile + frontend engineering leader to lead and mentor our growing and agile mobile-focused developers.
- This person has to love the startup grind and hustle of getting things done quickly, but also without sacrificing the longevity of the technology.
- You will regularly collaborate with the engineering leadership and product team to ensure optimal implementation of new features and will contribute as part of a cross-functional agile development team. We are looking for true owners who are looking to build not only new and interesting technology but also a world-class technology company.
- This comes with mentoring less experienced engineers, interviewing candidates, and selflessly doing whatever it takes to move the company forward. We strive for bigger and better and it’s important to the company that you do too.
- Meet with various stakeholders to review product requirements
- Lead development for a React-Native/Redux cross-platform application
- Make decisions on architecture, design patterns, and native/front-end libraries
- Ensure codebase is properly tested
- Perform code reviews and suggest improvements to the application based on the latest industry standards
- Work alongside and effectively coordinate with other engineers on the team
- Collaborate with the backend team and QA in order to reach milestones in time
- Architecting the React Native mobile application
- Managing the mobile team and ensuring alignment with the backend team
- Constantly improving upon the user experience and functionality of the mobile applications
- Overseeing the stability and delivery of application updates
- Creating and maintaining a strong work ethic amongst their team
- Coordinating with the product manager for sprint planning
- Communicating & collaborating with the DevOps team
Must Have Skills and Experiences
- Prior experience with complete app releases in app stores.
- 7+ years professional development experience
- 5+ years React-native experience (or equivalent FE frameworks)
- 2+ years of an active Leadership role
- Fluent in spoken and written English
Nice To Have Skills:
- Previous startup experience a plus
- Creative mindset.
- Passionate about teaching technical skills to others
- Handsome salary with respect to your geolocation and experience.
- Freedom to choose your workplace (as long as the video and audio call quality is satisfactory).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Gokada is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t tolerate discrimination against protected characteristics ( such as but not limited to gender, age, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status.)
- We want all employees (including executives and People Success) to treat others with respect and professionalism.