Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental organization founded in Milan in 1965. COOPI aims to help the world’s poorest to improve their access to healthcare, food, and financial security, and to overcome their special vulnerability to wars, civil conflicts, and natural disasters. For 50 years of long-term support and constant presence in the field, COOPI has been engaged in breaking the cycle of poverty and responding to specific emergencies in numerous sectors, including Food Security, Humanitarian Aid, Health, Socio-Economical Services, Water and Sanitation, Human Rights, Education and Training, Migrations and Sustainable Energy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Locations: Geidam, Jakusko, Bade, Damaturu, Yunusari and Yusufari LGA – Yobe
Employment Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Full-time
Project / Programme: Programs (all projects)
Reports to: Project Manager
Duration of the Project: 8 Months
Duration of the contract: 7 months
Starting Date: As Soon As Possible (ASAP)
Scope of the Vacancy
- The M&E assistant will provide support to multi-sectorial intervention toward IDPs in NE Nigeria, in the design, planning, monitoring, and evaluation of the program by managing data and facilitating program implementation at the state level, under the guidance and direct supervision of the M&E Officer.
- The M&E Assistant will be responsible for data gathering, analysis, and reporting activities.
- She/he will assist in tracking the progress of key indicators and provide timely reports to the M&E Officer.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
- Working under the supervision and guidance of the Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer, the M&E Assistant will be based in Yobe State and the (6) LGA of implementation which are Damaturu, Jakusko, Bade, Yusufari, Yunusari, and Geidam LGA.
- The M&E Assistant will work closely with all program staff in the field to implement the SAMS M&E commitments and improve program quality through enhanced data management systems and processes supporting SAMS under the SCOPE grant.
- The Assistant will support the M&E officer in managing day-to-day M&E tasks arising in the Field Office and providing technical support to field teams to ensure effective project implementation.
- Receive and maintain clean data source documents from field staff.
- Ensure proper filing and storage of M&E documents, including questionnaires, monitoring reports, and datasets, among others.
- With support from the M&E Officer, conduct capacity building and mentorship to field staff.
- Keep the M&E database up-to-date and support program staff prepare periodic highquality reports.
- Assist program staff during survey planning and implementation, especially preparing needed logistics and participating in data collection and cleaning.
- Develop project monitoring and evaluation tools with support from M&E Officer and Project Lead.
- Maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and other associated guidelines.
- Support M&E officer in the compilation of Monthly, Quarterly, Biannual, and annual reports by providing timely, accurate, and updated data.
- Support project teams to prepare activity reports and documentation of best practices, lessons learned, assessment reports.
- In collaboration with the M & M&E Officer, develop data templates to capture and store data in a mild form.
- Key in data from source documents into computer files.
- Transfer data from paper formats into computer files or database systems using keyboards and recorders.
- Create a database with many figures accurately/without mistakes.
- Verify data by comparing it to source documents.
- Update existing data
- Retrieve data from the database or electronic files as requested.
- Perform regular backups to ensure data preservation.
- Sort and organize paperwork after entering data to ensure it is not lost.
- Process data for use by, among other things disaggregating by gender, age, or any additional description as required by end-users.
- Organize the transferred data into relevant formats and computer files or database systems using appropriate IT.
- Maintain and operate the project database records.
- Supervise staff and enumerators on data collection and handling.
- Under the direct supervision of the CRM Officer and the MEAL Officer, and in collaboration with other collaborators of the projects and of the Base, She/he will:
- Profile of the Candidate (Education, Training, Competences, Skills)
- Undergraduate Degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Degree/Diploma in Sociology, Economics, Rural Development, Development Studies, Project Management, Statistics, Demographics, or any other relevant field.
- 1-2 years of work experience and experience in M&E is preferred and with previous experience working in developmental projects
Skills & Experience:
- Fluency required (verbal and written), and the ability to read and write in English.
- Ability to manage, track and report on program data; proficiency with Excel in monitoring and analyzing data.
- Strong writing and communication skills, including familiarity with writing funder reports, SOPs, and other program management documents.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent critical thinking skills; ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of Electronic Data collection tools.
- Knowledge of the local language (Hausa and Kanuri).
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- COOPI Salary grid (according to experience).
Application Closing Date
29th July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Any late application or incomplete submission will not be considered and thus will be disregarded immediately.
- Candidates who reside and have resided for years within the locations where the positions are advertised are strongly encouraged to apply
- Applicants shall be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Candidates from and or living in the respective LGA, Yobe State will be prioritized.
|Job Category||Assistant Jobs in Nigeria, Social Policy, Innovation, Programme Management, Research, Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation Jobs in Nigeria|