Nigerian Army is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing recruitment to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Laboratory Scientist
Corps and Services: Nigerian Army Medical Corps
About Nigerian Army: The Nigerian Army is the largest component of the Nigerian Armed Forces, and is responsible for land warfare operations. It is governed by the Nigerian Army Council.
- Applicants must possess a B.Sc Degree (Second Class Lower) or HND (Lower Credit) in Medical Laboratory Science and must be fully registered with the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria.
- Applicants for the NA Medical Corps are to present proof of registration with their professional regulatory bodies and current practicing licenses.
All Applicants must satisfy the following conditions:
- Be a Nigerian as defined in the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Be a male or female between the ages of 20 and 30 years. Medical consultants could be between 25 – 40 years of age by May 2023.
- Be medically, mentally and physically fit according to NA standards.
- Be recommended and attested to his/her good character by at least 2 recognizable referees who are either a Local Government Chairman / Secretary or an officer of the Armed Forces not below the rank of Lieutenant Colonel and equivalent or an Assistant Commissioner of Police and above who must hail from the applicant’s state of origin. Passport photographs of referees must be affixed to the letter of attestation.
- Applicants must submit a letter of Attestation from their former Institutions.
- Measure in height at least 1.68m (for males) and 1.65m (for females).
- Must not have been convicted by any court of law. Military personnel applying must be free from any disciplinary case and endorsed by the applicant’s Commanding Officer/Commander.
- Possess at least a first degree with not less than Second Class Lower Division or HND (where applicable) of not less than Lower Credit from any accredited institution of learning.
- Possess valid birth certificate endorsed by the National Population Commission, Hospital or Local Government Council or valid age declaration.
- Possess a valid certificate of state of origin.
- Applicants must possess NYSC discharge certificate or valid exemption certificate as appropriate.
- Graduates with professional qualifications must be duly registered by relevant regulating bodies recognized by Nigerian Laws at the commencement of cadet training.
- Only post secondary academic credentials obtained from 2013 to date will be considered.
- Applicants must present valid contact addresses and telephone numbers of parents/guardians and Next of Kin as appropriate.
- Candidates must not have any bodily inscriptions or tattoos.
- Candidates must tender all original copies of educational certificates (primary to post secondary).
- Service personnel must present valid military identity cards and letters of recommendations by their Commanding Officers/Commanders. They must also present valid letter(s) of respective Service sponsorship to tertiary academic institutions (where applicable). Additionally, they must have served for a period of not less than 5 years in the unit.
- Candidates must not belong to any cult / society / fraternity.
- Candidates with ability to swim will have added advantage.
How to Submit Your Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Click on the “Apply Now” button. At the prompt, you will be required to select if you are serving / or have served in the Armed Forces of Nigeria, choose the appropriate option and proceed.
- If you do not have an account click on “Sign Up” (a verification will be sent to your email) or enter your login details and log in.
- Fill out the form and ensure all required documents listed below are uploaded:
- Passport photograph.
- Educational certificates.
- Evidence of membership of any professional body.
- Certificate of state of origin.
- Birth certificate or age declaration.
- NIN / BVN.
- Applicants must print out their online generated photo-slip on completion of their application. The first page is to be signed by the Registrar of any Court of Law while the second page is to be signed by the applicants’ Local Government Chairman / Secretary or any military officer of the rank of Lieutenant Colonel or equivalent and above who hails from an applicant’s state of origin.
- Successful applicants would be required to take a written examination at assigned examination centres. Successful candidates would present their printed application forms (photo-slips, guarantors form, attestation form etc) at the Examination Centres and subsequently to the Selection Board during interview.
- Applications are to be made online free of charge.
- The DSSC is open to both civilians and serving military personnel. Only serving military personnel sponsored to civil institutions by any of the Services of the Nigerian Armed Forces shall be considered.
- The General Public is advised to disregard any online application portal opened before this publication.
- Prospective Applicants and the General Public are to also watch out for subsequent jingles on television and radio stations after this publication.
- For further inquiries, please call: 08179269294 OR 08109959294 between 0800 – 1800 hours (8am – 6pm) daily.
Application Closing Date
14th March, 2023.
Add A Comment