We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: NMC Operator
- To provide first and second level support on all Company’s products and services.
- To configure, monitor and manage the Company’s Content Delivery Network, to ensure maximum service availability to external and internal customers by providing efficient operations and maintenance support.
- Perform network surveillance 24/7, respond to network‐reported and customer‐reported problems and manage problem resolution using network monitoring/management tools.
- Take ownership to ensure that all problems are resolved in a timely and efficient manner.
- Escalate problems to third level support (Problem management team) where these cannot be resolved within the Network Operations Centre (NOC).
- Perform general “system administration” tasks on all elements of the network.
- Perform documented network configuration procedures.
- Pro‐actively monitor network and system performance.
- Analyze traffic data and trends and escalate areas of concern to officer on duty.
- Through pro‐active and systematic review, discover problem areas which could negatively impact system performance or customer satisfaction.
- Provide scheduled and on‐demand traffic analysis reports.
- Maintains inventory of equipment acquisitions, installations, designs, and modifications.
- Generate weekly and monthly reports on diesel delivery/consumption and Monitor generator capacity and mileage.
- Monitors the Network Monitoring System and responds to and addresses system generated alerts as needed.
- Monitors and ensures the stability of the network infrastructure hosting Network Monitoring System.
- Facilities maintenance (monitoring and management of air-conditioning, UPS, generators, power usage, running health and safety and housekeeping checks at Company’s POPs).
- Optimizes Company’s network performance and clients service delivery meeting.
- QOC metrics per client SLA’s.
- Employees will be required to follow any other job‐related instructions to perform.
- Academic Qualification: B.Sc / HND in Computer Science / Engineering or other related Course.
- Experience: 2+ years’ experience as network engineer preferable in an ISP/Telco environment.
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Self-motivated and capable of working in a cross‐functional team.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills, good telephone manner.
- Practical, accurate and precise.
- Good knowledge of enterprise‐class IP infrastructure (routers/switches/firewalls).
- Experience of network management.
- Good knowledge of networking equipment administration.
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP certification.
- Confident in MS office applications (particularly Excel).
- Able to work on a 24/7 shift Rotation and available for weekend/public holiday
- Ability to efficiently and effectively perform the technical requirements
- Solid troubleshooting, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize effectively and work with a sense of urgency.
Application Closing Date
2nd November, 2022 (3pm).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Any application received after this will be automatically rejected.