Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, private, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian organization. Our organization offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters, to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation and have been working in Nigeria since February 1996.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nursing Team Supervisor
Location: Ganjuwa, Bauchi
Employment Type: Contract
Scope of Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Plan, organize, and evaluate the activities concerning nursing and the team associated, according to MSF values, policies and protocols and universal health standards, in order to warrant the quality and continuity of the health care and the development of the plan of action.
- Carry out the functions and tasks associated to nursing i.e. perform as a nurse or anesthetist, whenever required or needed, in order to optimize the resources, contributing with his/her knowledge and experience.
- Implement all the protocols and hygiene procedures, and supervise his/her team follow the same standards, in order to warrant the quality of the care and service in his/her speciality.
- Organize and coordinate the activities of his/her team (week’s schedule, annual leave, absences, etc.), evaluate their performance and define and ensure the needs for training of staff, in order to ensure the coverage of the human resources needs and maintain high standards of quality.
- Carry out and/or supervise the ( decentralized) pharmacy and medical equipment management (drugs orders, follow-up of the stock, storage conditions, inventories, follow-up of expired drugs and their destruction, drugs consumption, etc.)in his or her department, in order to satisfy the needs of material with efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensuring that all staff using medical devices are qualified and trained. Ensuring that cleaning and minor maintenance tasks are performed according to the protocols. Reporting any malfunction to the project biomedical service.
- Carry-out and/or coordinate administrative (exit-paper, transfer-paper, etc.), information and data collection (patient files, forms, statistics, etc.) tasks, and elaborate regular reporting, in order to have updated and reliable information about the day-to-day activity in the project, output/ outcome and support decision-taking.
- Give feedback/ reports to medical focal.
- Registered Nurse with essential Diploma.
- Essential 2 years of previous experience in Pediatric. And or malnutrition management center. Having worked in MSF or other NGO’s and in developing countries is desirable
- Local language essential. Mission language desirable.
Application Closing Date
4th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process. MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system
- MSF thanks all the candidates for their interest in this position.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|Job Category||Nursing/Health Care Work/Frontline|