Family Health International (FHI 360) is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition Coordinator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full Time
Supervisor: Head of Mission, Medical and Nutrition Advisor at headquarters level.
- The nutrition coordinator is responsible for designing, overseeing and coordinating the nutrition programs, as well as liaising with various external partners.
- S/he reports to head of mission, medical and nutrition advisor at headquarters level.
- The panel of activities in a nutrition programs includes: Community based Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) approach, Assessments and surveillance interventions (nutrition surveys using ENA for SMART, coverage surveys, sentinel site, LQAS etc.) Infant and Young Child Feeding partners, Capacity building of local partners, community mobilization and research projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow up on ongoing analysis of the context.
- Definition, supervision and monitoring of FHI 360 Nutrition programs, in compliance with international and national guidelines and in coherence with identified humanitarian needs.
- Provision of continuous guidance and technical support.
- Design and ensure the use of monitoring tools.
- Ensure compliance of programs in terms of achieving objectives in current grants.
- Provision of technical and organizational support and trainings to the nutrition program team.
- Coordination with other technical departments at coordination level (Health, Food Security and Livelihood, Water Sanitation and Hygiene, Protection and Support service team).
- Represent FHI 360 at national and regional level in nutrition and health technical meetings.
- Participate in the external coordination with nutrition partners and governmental bodies and provide technical support and guidance in the nutrition sub-committee and cluster, where relevant.
- Develop strategies and tools for the design and implementation of specific technical components. Ensure appropriate and timely technical support to field programs.
- Ensure that project implementation adheres to the appropriate global strategy and remains technically sound. Ensure the quality of implemented technical activities and systems at all levels.
- Manage efficient and effective operations of assigned Unit. Liaise as appropriate with donor institutions; international organizations; government counterparts; and implementing agencies to share information and plan collaboration.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Nursing, Nutrition and Dietetics or similar Degree with at least 10 years’ relevant experience in management of nutrition in humanitarian relief settings
- or MSc / MA / MPH in Nursing, Public Health, Nutrition and Dietetics or related field, and 7 – 9 years relevant experience in management of nutrition in humanitarian relief settings
- MBBS / MD / PhD or similar degree with 5 to 7 years of progressive relevant experience in management of nutrition in humanitarian relief settings.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent inter-personal, communications and representative skills (written, oral, cross-cultural).
- Ability to work with multi-cultural teams.
- Knowledge of nutritional health and humanitarian programs in emergency situations.
- Nutritional management and IYCF experience and ability to understand full range of issues around the clinical management of SAM.
- Knowledge of Nigerian clinical setting, including government and non-government settings.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding CMAM.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally at least 25%.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online