BG Laurel International Nigeria LTE/GTE is an owned subsidiary of Banyan Global, Inc, a woman-owned small business and international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact. The firm is headquartered in Washington, DC and has program operations and activities in over fifteen countries around the world. Banyan Global operates within six practice areas: gender, youth, finance and investment, enterprise development, health, and evaluation and learning.
The Operations and Admin. Officer will act as the point of contact for operational and administrative support to all employees. The position will support the general office administration and coordination, human resources management, procurement of goods and services, local and international travel logistics, and other operations tasks. The Operations and Admin. Officer will work closely with the Abuja and State offices to ensure that proper operational controls are in place. The Operations and Admin. Officer will also work with the team to ensure that HWM activities are of high quality and adhere to global standards and national policies.
Procurement and Asset Management:
- Support local and regional purchases as per defined thresholds and maintain tracking and documentation systems that will facilitate future processing, payment, and audit requirements
- Assist in procurement, clarifying specifications, analyzing quotations, and seeking for approval and ensuring purchases are made according to approved specification and price and quantity- and quality-inclusive
- Maintain up-to-date register of preferred suppliers and vendors and solicit periodic evaluation and performance input from main service users
- Track contracts and initiate procurement processes to ensure about-to-expire agreements are renewed in a timely manner
- Ensure inventory quantities are sufficient for needs by coordinating regular inventory checks and timely ordering of supplies
- Ensure office equipment and facilities are always in good working condition
- Support in maintenance of fixed assets register by updating asset register, issue of asset movement for signing and approval, outdoor asset repair permission, etc., with the DFA
- Ensure tagging and branding of Banyan Global assets are conducted
- Ensure vehicle maintenance is done satisfactorily and in accordance with policy
- Support full cycle recruitment process in compliance with established procedures and regulations including but not limited to creation of job descriptions and interview questions, shortlisting and pre-screening candidates, reference checks, and negotiating offers of employment
- Ensure that the paperwork for all new hires is submitted, and that personnel files are complete and compliant with BG Laurel policy, local labor laws, and USAID regulations
- Ensure new hires are provided with adequate orientation regarding the activity and relevant BG Laurel policy to enable them to perform the job to the best of their abilities and assimilate them into the Banyan Global culture
- Maintain accurate timesheet records and ensure all timesheets are submitted on time with the appropriate approvals
- Ensure personnel and recruitment files are maintained according to the requirements and ensure confidentiality and safety of the data.
- Manage annual assessment process and ensure procedures are communicated and followed
- Ensure all HR management practices conform to the HWM Activity, BG Laurel, and Banyan Global policies; USAID rules and regulations; and Nigerian labor laws
Applicants for these positions should possess the following minimum qualifications and skills:
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business administration, management, social sciences, or a related field
- Minimum of five years’ experience in human resources, logistics planning, and procurement, etc.
- Familiarity with national as well as USG rules and regulations is required
- Experience of working on USAID-funded projects is an advantage.
- Excellent cross-cultural communication and interpersonal skills demonstrated by ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff, clients, and consultants
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team, assess priorities, and manage a variety of activities with attention to details
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications like Excel and Word and customized accounting software and comfort in a Windows environment
|Job Category||Administrative / Secretarial / Personal Assistant (PA) / Clerical / Office Assistant Jobs in Nigeria, NGO / Non-Profit Associations Jobs in Nigeria, Operations and Corporate Services Jobs in Nigeria|