Creative Associates International provides outstanding, on-the-ground development services and forges partnerships to deliver sustainable solutions to global challenges. Its experts focus on building inclusive educational systems, transitioning communities from conflict to peace, developing sustainable economic growth, engaging youth, promoting transparent elections and more. Creative is recognized for its ability to quickly adapt and excel in conflict and post-conflict environments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Officer
Job ID: 2022-2562
Category: Administrative/Office Support
- Funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development and in close partnership with federal partners and select Nigeria States (designated as legacy [Bauchi and Sokoto], launching and technical assistance), the five-year Leveraging Education Assistance Resources in Nigeria (LEARN) project will support sustainable improvements in reading outcomes for first and second grade pupils.
- The goal of LEARN is to strengthen and scale early grade reading (EGR) best practice by ensuring that standards-based, context-appropriate assessment, materials, training, and administrative supports needed to improve literacy skills for P1-2 pupils are embedded within the federal policy, funding, and monitoring frameworks, and state and local authorities have the implementation protocols, capacity, and resources to carry out and sustain standards-based, data-driven EGR reform.
- The project objective is to instill ownership in and build capacity of school-community, local, state, and federal systems to establish a base for adequate, consistent data-driven funding, monitoring and performance that increase the equity, inclusion, and wellbeing necessary to achieve sustained EGR gains. LEARN will therefore be building on lessons learned from prior Nigeria reading programs to introduce a flexible, cost- efficient EGR intervention model that can be tailored to state contexts.
- The Operations Officer provides day-to-day support to the project operations in the field office, he/she will undertake tasks under procurement, administration, logistics, vehicle management and act as backstop for the IT Manager.
- The Operations Officer will be responsible for field office intra-office communication, office building/supply management, streamlining administrative and operational procedures, inventory control maintenance/management.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Operations Officer will report to Regional State Advisor with dotted line reporting to the Senior Manager – Operations for technical supervision.
- Assist procurement processes and logistics to support activity implementation for the project, strictly following all rules and regulations including:
- Creative Procurement policies and procedures
- ADS (Automated Directive System)
- FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulations)
- CFR (U.S. Code of Federal Regulations)
- AAPD (Acquisition & Assistance Policy Directive)
- Local Nigerian Law
- Assist with day-to-day support to staff in general office operations and identify future needs.
- Controls store inventory levels by conducting physical checking and counts
- Ensure timely welcome services, store management and other support services for staff and visitors.
- Coordinate travel arrangements, arrange hotel bookings and coordinate car hire pick-ups.
- Support the IT Manager in Abuja by acting as backstop for all field IT support.
- Manage the monitoring diesel consumption of generator ensure diesel for generator is within buffer stock level.
- Manage the monitoring and reporting generator preventive and maintenance due hours with a view to alert the service company.
- Arrange for the repair and maintenance of office equipment and machinery to ensure that staff works effectively without any disruptions.
- Perform any other project operation related duties as specified by the Senior Manager Operations.
- Coordinates the planning and organization of meetings and workshops in the state.
- Manage office vehicles and provide oversight on Vehicle logs and maintenance as applicable.
- Coordinate transportation and delivery of procurement and inventory.
- Conduct and update inventory database of the office on a monthly basis to the office manager.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- B.Sc in Business Administration, Management or related field required.
- At least 3 years’ experience relevant to this position required, with at least four years of years of experience in office management/administration.
- Knowledgeable about USAID Rules and Regulations, previous experience working on USAID-funded projects preferred.
- Strong knowledge of USG procurement rules and regulations.
- Strong ability to use and manage and tracking systems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite including Excel and Word;
- Advanced knowledge of Spoken and Written English required.
Preferred Experience & Skills
- Previous experience in similar role.
- Proven experience directly and indirectly supervising and managing staff and teams.
- Experience with a USAID-funded or other international organization implementing a program operating in insecure areas is desired.
- Strong ability to deploy and use various forms of tracking.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Excellent record keeping, and documentation skills are required.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
- Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (gender/race/disability/veteran) and provides equal opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
|Job Category||Administrative / Secretarial / Personal Assistant (PA) / Clerical / Office Assistant Jobs in Nigeria|