The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Operations Resource Pool Manager
Locations: Abuja and Port Harcourt, Rivers
Pay Band: 6
Contract type: Indefinite
Department: English and Exams
- The post holder will plan, train and deploy the right mix and profile of Examiners, Venue Supervisors and Venue Staff for Test Day delivery.
- Ultimately responsible for ensuring resource availability, capability, contingency and pipeline to meet demand, this role will develop the workforce plan, resource engagement/retention strategy, manage succession planning and monitor performance to ensure right level of customer experience and optimum cost, utilisation and productivity.
- Reviews capacity demands with Commercial counterparts and develops short term and long-term Resourcing Strategy (i.e. for staff and partners involved in delivery of exams products and services)
- Takes end-to-end accountability for researching and obtaining satisfactory and timely resolution of complex/escalated customer (internal or external) operational complaints and issues, coordinating input from other colleagues/ departments /managers as required, to do so.
- Advises on or directly engages with Venue Staff or Examiners when issues/ complaints arise to provide solutions
- Contingency planning and risk management of supply.
- Sets standards and performance manages Exam security and compliance
- Supports daily/ weekly planning/ capacity meetings
- Owns daily dashboard, weekly reporting, cost to resource
- Plans and manages the Resource Budget for the cluster
- Operates and runs regular reports on range of standard, corporate financial processes and procedures to enable effective budget and resource management for the team, unit or project(s)
- Coaches and guides towards team performance of the country operations team, working with country leadership to address skills or motivation gaps as it arises.
- As with any business that experiences peaks and troughs of activity, there is likely to be a need to work outside office hours from time to time.
The successful candidate will need to possess the following requirements:
- First Degree in any subject
- Experience of developing and delivering accurately a large resourcing plan to meeting capacity requirements
- Excellent communications skills
- Experience working in large team with fast paced demand and monitoring resource deployment and scheduling
- Experience managing large pool of non-permanent staff in a fast paced organisation including overseeing their recruitment, performance monitoring and oversight.
- Experience working in an exam’s environment and knowledge of quality standards for management of examiners.
- Experience in line management and driving staff performance
- Knowledge of British Council EDI and recruitment policies and standards.
Application Closing Date
8th September, 2022 (23:59 Nigeria Time).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
|Job Category||Operations and Corporate Services Jobs in Nigeria|