UNICEF inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing recruitment to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Specialist (Risk Compliance)
Job Number: 557079
Contract Type: Fixed Term Appointment
About UNICEF: United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
- An Advanced University Degree in Business Administration and Financial Management. Operations Management, Strategic Management, Risk Management, Audit, Investigation, Internal Control, Statistics and Data Analysis or Accounting certifications are considered as assets.
- At least 8 (eight) years of continuous professional work experience in Internal Audit, Internal Control, Risk and Compliance or another directly relevant area, several of which in internal audit. Experience in financial management, particularly developing and implementing financial control systems, ERM, audits, internal control preferably with international organizations, NGOs, and the UN.
- Field experience /familiarity with the Emergency context
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered an asset.
- Builds and maintains partnerships – Level 2
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness- Level 2
- Drive to achieve results for impact – Level 2
- Innovates and embraces change – Level 2
- Manages ambiguity and complexity – Level 2
- Thinks and acts strategically – Level 2
- Works collaboratively with others – Level 2
- Nurtures, leads, and manages people – Level 2
- Working with People
- Drive for Results
- Emotional Intelligence.
How to Submit Your Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Appointments are also subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid). Government employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF.
- UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.
Application Closing Date
16th January, 2023 (W. Central Africa Standard Time).