KwaraLEARN (Leading Education Achievement and Reform Now) is a core new education programme by the Government of Kwara State to deliver dramatic improvements in learning outcomes in public schools for all children across Kwara State. KwaraLEARN will transform all government primary schools across the state into powerful public schools using an innovative technology and data-driven platform, coupled with high-quality learning materials, effective training and ongoing coaching for teachers and school leaders, and technology-enabled support teams to create 360-degree support for learning outcomes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: People Operations Manager
Location: Kwara, Nigeria
About the Role
- The People Operations Team is responsible for all the touchpoints of managing the employee lifecycle, including but not limited to offer letters, contracts, benefits, performance management tools, and employee off-boarding with both local laws and company policies.
- People Operations uses data from employee lifecycle management to improve employee management and effectiveness, ensuring all components of the People Group are using data to drive decision-making.
- Effective programming within People Operations ensures that employees are seamlessly supported through their employment touchpoints, and that core employment structures and compensation strategies are used effectively to attract and retain high performing employees within the constraints of business operations.
- The Manager, People Operations is responsible for specific administrative, operational and quantitative tasks that contribute to attaining the above objectives of the People Operations Team.
- You’ll excel in this role if you have a penchant for designing and executing smooth processes, are a top-notch project manager, and can use quantitative skills to make data-driven decisions to inform problem-solving of people related issues within the organisation.
- This role will report to the Director, People.
What You will Do
- Administration of compensation activities and ensuring correct implementation of company procedures such as payroll
- Administer NAVISION, our employee data management system. Responsibilities include entering accurate staff details, and double-checking that the data is complete and accurate.
- Generating analysis reports of employee data for internal and external users such as reports to our funders.
- Compile relevant data and recommendations to guide decision-making related to compensation, organisation structure, attrition, promotions and other People Operations related activities. Analyse trends in the organisation, economy and employment marketplace to identify issues and opportunities to enhance workforce planning strategies.
- Project manage the process of job evaluation and salary surveys, supporting to ensure that approved salary bands and People policies and procedures are adhered to, to ensure the achievement of equitable and competitive employee experience.
- Managing the smooth execution of the organisation’s benefits programs including: insurance programs and leave management. Provide feedback on employee satisfaction and queries and brainstorm new cost-effective programming with the People Director and People Group.
- Carrying out research as needed on compensation programs when required to ensure that ours are aligned with the current industry trends, practices and costs.
- Evaluate compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements with regard to compensation and benefits.
- Carry out training and sending communication to ensure organisation-wide understanding of compensation and benefits and any pay-related activity e.g. reimbursements and advance policies.
- Monitor the effectiveness of People procedures across the employee life cycle such as on-boarding and induction for all those who join us.
What You Should Have
- Bachelor’s Degree from a reputable university
- Minimum of 3 years of full-time work experience after graduation from your undergraduate Degree
- Excellent email, Excel /spreadsheet, MS Word/word processing skills
- Good knowledge or the willingness to learn and navigate labour laws
- Strong knowledge of Salary structure, Benefits and compensation, Surveys / benchmarking, Job evaluation systems.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Experience in a challenging, dynamic and complex business environment.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, confidentiality and integrity at all times.
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A networking mastermind – You excel at meeting new people and turning them into advocates. You communicate in a clear, conscientious, and effective way in both written and oral speech. You can influence strangers in the course of a single conversation. Allies and colleagues will go to bat for your ideas. You have an existing network from prior experience in the country, preferably in the regulatory, education, or business sectors.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, KwaraLEARN works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate – The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience,
- A malleable learner -You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely on your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
- A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
|Job Category||Managerial Jobs in Nigeria|