We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacy Assistant
Location: Maiduguri / Damboa, Borno
Under the supervision of the Pharmacist, the pharmacy assistant will be responsible for the following main activities in order to ensure the quality of care in the mobile clinics:
- Stock management in link with mobile clinics
- Distribution of drugs to the patients and counseling
- Reporting and attendance to different meetings
- Collection and analysis of weekly drugs consumption.
Stock management in link with mobile clinics:
- Prepare all the necessary drugs, material and equipment for mobile clinics and ensure that everything is ready before to leave MdM office
- Store drugs according to instructions and standards.
- Realize the pharmacy stock management (in/out) at the mobile clinic
- Calculate daily consumption for each item in order to anticipate any shortage
- Do a weekly physical inventory of mobile clinic pharmacy
- Prepare weekly drugs orders to MdM central pharmacy with the assistance of the medical doctors and paramedics staff
- Monitor the supply quantity, expiration dates and quality of medicines and medical supplies.
- Ensure pharmacy recommendations are applied.
Distribution of drugs during the mobile clinics:
- Give the drugs according to the medical prescription.
- Ask the medical doctor or the midwife to complete their prescription in case of incomplete information (dosage, duration…)
- Indicate the name, presentation and dosage of the drugs on the dispensing bag.
- Explain to the patient how to take the treatment and make sure that the explanations have been understood
- Explain the potential side effects of a drug to the patient
- Fill in the daily consumption form for each item
- Ensure patient confidentiality is respected and treat all the patients with respect and dignity.
Collection and analysis of weekly drugs consumption:
- Collect the daily mobile clinic consumption
- Participate to collect the weekly consumption and analysis of the medical stock needs
Reporting and attendance to different meetings:
- Prepare request for the clinic and validate with Medical supervisor.
- Liase/inform clinician, doctors and midwife about drug availability.
- Participate in a pro-active way to MdM internal meetings (medical, security…)
- Participate to all the trainings organized by MDM.
- Give suggestions to improve the functioning of MDM mobile clinics
- Participate to the loading and unloading of the vehicles and to the setting up of the mobile clinics
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties to ensure that beneficiaries are getting good quality services
- Is responsible for the proper use and maintenance of assigned equipment
- Perform other additional duties on request of the team leader
- Inform immediately the security focal point in case of any security problem in the field.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree qualification
- Pharmacist Preferred
- Experience in similar position for at least 2 years
- Good knowledge in dispensing and medical stock management
- Capacities in team management
- Strong sense of responsibilities and organization skills
- Strong work ethic and rigor
- Languages (spoken and written): English, Kanuri and Hausa
- Excel and word
- Team player.
Application Closing Date
23rd September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using ”Pharmacy Assistant” as the subject of the email.
|Job Category||Medical / Pharmaceutical / Healthcare Jobs in Nigeria|