Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, gender, creed or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacy Supervisor
- Ensuring general functioning of the pharmacy and supervising pharmacy supply chain processes in accordance with MSF standards, protocols, and procedures, in order to ensure its efficiency and operating availability.
- Ensuring storage, stock management and supply processes, as well as hygiene and security procedures, tools, and protocols (controlling pests and rodents), implementing appropriate quality controls and records, in order to ensure good storage conditions (temperatures, humidity and light exposure) and availability of drugs and medical material, according to MSF protocols, national regulations and in cooperation with the logistics department.
- Coordinating the delivery, reception and recording of international and local orders, in close coordination with the logistics department, updating stock files and informing line managers on their status (shortfalls, over-stocking, expiry dates), in order to permanently ensure security stock levels and ensure efficient management of stock.
- Supervising orders of medical and drug material in order to ensure an efficient and appropriate consumption pattern under budget constraints.
- Ensuring efficient supply to other pharmacies managed/supported by MSF according to orders and stocks and using cold chain when needed. Monitoring and analyzing orders of depending pharmacies in order to avoid ruptures of stock or having expired drugs.
- Monthly update and analysis of the stock and follow-up expiry dates, rupture, and overstock items.
- Coordinate, in close collaboration with Supply and Logistics Department the reception and dispatch of Stocks/cargoes to project sites.
- Follow up on Loans and Donations
- Report analysis of the Isystock to the Mission Pharmacist and Medical Coordinator by preparing a list of items to expire within 6 months, items in overstock, items in Sleeping/dormant stock, and all items in risk of shortage.
- Supervise the storage of products with special requirements: cold chain articles and drugs under controlled use. Ensure it is managed according to MSF protocols.
- Participate in the establishment of reports and annual review of Operation when required.
- Be in touch with authorities and ensure the Medical Warehouse is promptly registered with the Pharmacists Council of Nigeria at the right time
- Supervises, coaches, and trains pharmacy storekeepers under supervision
- Performs any other duty assigned by the mission pharmacy manager or medical coordinator.
- Education: Essential University Degree in Pharmacy (B.Pharm/Pharm D). Valid License with the Pharmacy Council of Nigeria.
- Experience: Minimum 2 years work experience as a pharmacist with at least 1 year experience in a supervisory position.
- Language: Fluent in reading and writing English.
- Competencies: Results and Quality Orientation, Behavioural Flexibility, teamwork and cooperation, team management, stress management and commitment to humanitarian objectives and to MSF Principles.
- Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet) and Isystock.
- Fixed-term contract and working hours according to Nigerian Law.
According to the MSF salary scale plus 13th month allowance equivalent to 1 month of gross salary.
Application Closing Date
5th September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV, Qualifications, License, any other important document, and a Cover Letter with contact details to: [email protected] using “Pharmacy Supervisor Abuja” as the subject of the email.
Click here to apply online
- NON-COMPLIANT or LATE applications will NOT BE CONSIDERED
- Only successful applicants will be called for written test and interview.
- Notice: No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.
|Job Category||Medical / Pharmaceutical / Healthcare Jobs in Nigeria|