Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, private, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian organization. Our organization offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters, to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. We have been working in Nigeria since February 1996. A Memorandum of Understanding between Medecins Sans Frontieres and the Federal Government of Nigeria facilitates this. We are at present co-operating with the Federal Ministry of Health, State and Local Government departments of health on various health projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Physiotherapist
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract Duration: Indefinite Contract
Main Objective and Responsibility of the Position
- Following medical prescription, plan and carry out individual treatment programmes, by assessing patients’ physical state, in order to maintain, improve or rehabilitate the physical well-being of the patient and prevent physical handicaps.
- Assess patient physical capacities, using different procedures (e.g. functional capacity tests) in order to set up treatment objectives with the patient and therefore improve patient’s health and wellbeing.
- Elaborate and implement physiotherapy programmes, including physiotherapy exercises, manipulations, massages, education, utilization of physiotherapy devices and orthopedic equipment, educating and advising patients and their careers on how to prevent and/or improve conditions, in order to accelerate and improve activity results.
- Train patients and caretakers on how to avoid injury in order to create preventive behaviors.
- Actively monitor and report physiotherapy activities (correctly filling in patient files, forms, statistics, and reports) and analyse these statistics in order to improve quality service, preserving patient’s data traceability.
- Take care of physiotherapy equipment, managing the stock, making orders according to activity and cleaning up the equipment, in order to ensure its continuous availability and quality of service.
- Report to the technical referent any problem arising in the service, especially the loss/ robbery/damage of medical equipment or medicines in order to implement the appropriate measures.
MSF Section / Context Specific Accountabilities
- To be professional and legally responsible and accountable for all aspects of your work including the management of patients in your care. To ensure a high standard of clinical care for all Noma patients under your management.
- Regularly assess and measure patients’ treatment progress by looking for signs of decreased mouth opening stiffness, pain and discomfort.
- Evaluate effect of therapy treatment and communicate patients progress to MTL.
- Carry out routine physiotherapy assessments for all truisms patients on admission and those on follow-up visits.
- Coordinate patients for CT scan investigation in preparation for surgical intervention/screening
- Participate fully during patients’ review for surgical intervention and multi-disciplinary team ward round.
- Collaborate with MOH and MSF medical team in the management of patient and other related hospital activities.
- Record and document patient physiotherapy care services. This includes daily, weekly updates and monthly medical reports.
- Ensure patients’ data and pictures collected are handled with confidentiality.
- Monitor physiotherapy indicators in the annual plan, and ensure collection of patient data and record in the case reporting form.
Requirements (Qualifications / Experience / Knowledge)
To apply for this role applicants MUST meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT).
- Registered with the Medical Rehabilitation Therapist Board of Nigeria.
- Possess an up-to-date professional license with MRTB
- Not required. (the one from the study period is considered as an experience)
- Essential, local language; desirable, mission working language
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
- Commitment to MSF Principles, service
Application Closing Date
7th August, 2022 at 5:00pm.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Usage of Google Chrome Browser is recommended.
- Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
- Only one online application form should be submitted as multiple submissions will not be considered.
- MSF is an equal opportunities employer and promotes diversity within the organization.