United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF)
In Nigeria, UNICEF works in a complex humanitarian and development setting to fulfill and protect children's rights in partnership with the government, civil society, children, and families.
Job Title: Planning Specialist
Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
Duty Station: Abuja
Categories: Research, Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation
Summary of main responsibilities and tasks:
- In close consultation with section and field office chiefs, undertake and/or coordinate research and consultations to prepare substantive position papers, documentation on programmes, etc. to situate UNICEF’s work in the country. Summarize and analyze information obtained and when necessary, clarifies information from technical focal points.
- Support the representative in the review, oversight, and support towards the implementation of UNICEF overall programmes, advocacy, and outreach.
- Coordinatee’s the Representative’s office in all critical aspects of work in close collaboration with the Deputy Representative and the Chief of Operations and the Chief of Field Operations. Develops, introduces, and maintains workflows and tools to streamline the high volume of work of the representative’s office and to enable proactive and strategic identification of priority actions. Prioritize issues for the representative including planning, coordination, and quality assurance.
- Keep abreast of the main issues facing the Nigeria country office, identify internal and external issues that require the Representative’s attention, and assist in formulating options as to how those matters might be handled. Ensure appropriate follow-up as directed. Maintain records and track the status of the Representative’s action items.
- Secretariat and coordinator of the SMT and Country Office Management Team (CMT), responsible for the monitoring of actions and the follow-up mechanisms. Participate in meetings with task teams and external visitors as requested by the representative. Prepare summaries, conclusions, and action points on such meetings, as requested. Coordinates and /or monitors follow-up actions.
- Oversee and ensure the smooth flow of relevant information within the office of the Representative and to RO and HQ through daily consultations with the Representative.
Please refer to the attached detailed job description for more information… JD-Planning Specialist P3 #NGR108799 Abuja.doc
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have
- An advanced university degree in one of the following fields: Social Sciences, International Relations, Government, Public Administration, Public Policy, Social Policy, Social Development, Community Development, or another relevant technical field.
- A first university degree with a relevant combination of academic qualifications and experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five years of relevant professional work experience in either programme management, planning, monitoring, or evaluation. Developing country work experience is highly desirable.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of another official UN language or the local language of the duty station is considered an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA), and
- Nurtures, Leads, and Manages People (1)
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (2)
- Works Collaboratively with others (2)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
- Drives to achieve impactful results (1)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (1)
Deadline: 06 Oct 2022
Add A Comment