The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially the most vulnerable to malnutrition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Policy and Advocacy Associate – CASCADE
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Duration: 60 Months
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Classification: Grade 3 – Associate
Travel Work required: Up to 30%
- The (Catalyzing Strengthened Policy Action for Healthy Diets and Resilience) CASCADE programme goal is to improve food security and contribute to the reduction of malnutrition of at least 5 million women of reproductive age and children under 5 in Nigeria.
- The programme has two strategic objectives: it aims to increase access to and consumption of healthy diets, as well as increasing the resilience of households to economic and climate change-related shocks with a focus on women of reproductive age and children.
- The programme will galvanise government, business, and communities around 5 domains:
- Policy changes and accountability
- Re-engineering markets and mobilising private sector
- Transforming cultural norms and practices
- Taking a gender transformative approach
- Systematising data and learning for policy.
- GAIN is seeking a Policy Associate in the Nigeria Country Office for this exciting opportunity.
- The Policy and advocacy Associate will support the implementation of specific project activities including capacity building, partnerships management and reporting.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Support strategy related work as needed for specific geographies – track decision roadmap, develop relevant interpretations for decision making, provide information whenever decision points are reached in the strategy period, conduct landscape analysis, etc.
- Prepare briefs, memos, high profile slide decks, and engage in other content development support (inputs/notes requested by government partners/stakeholders, developing first drafts of Opinion Editorials, writing country memos and country briefs, publication drafts etc.)
- Facilitate translation of policy decisions into tasks and projects and ensure their effective and timely implementation
- Compile data, conduct data analysis & synthesize findings for reports, briefs, and for engagement with government and other stakeholders
- Meet urgent data requests that require searching several databases/data sources and reports
- Conduct desk research, literature reviews, and other research analysis
- Support the planning and preparation for high level meetings, events, and trips; prepare reports and follow-up
- Maintain a reference document repository
Key Organizational Relationships
- Project Manager, CASCADE
- Senior Project Manager, CASCADE
- Nigeria SBN Coordinator
- GAIN Nigeria country team and GAIN Headquarter
- Government, project partners and other key external stakeholders
- A University level Degree in a relevant field such as, Statistics, Nutrition, Public Health, Business Management, a progressive experience in similar role.
- A Master’s Degree in the above field of studies will be an added advantage.
- Experience of working with government agencies
- Experience in nutrition policy formulation and implementation
- Understanding/experience/technical knowledge of health systems
- Strong technical knowledge of public health and nutrition, including micronutrient deficiency control.
- Proven experience working in an environment requiring collaboration and liaising with government stakeholders, relevant industries, and international organizations.
- Experience supporting social safety nets and focused programme
- Experience developing advocacy briefs
- Experience in technical policy formulation, social safety net and women empowerment are desirable.
- Ability to conduct desk research, literature reviews, and other research analysis and synthesize findings
- Ability to conduct landscape analysis
- Strong Analytical and technical skills
- Strong data analysis skills and ability to review data, generate, and present meaningful reports from them
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to present complex information to non-technical audiences
- Computer literate, with strong PowerPoint presentation skills
- Ability to work within tight time schedules
- Experience in an international NGO
- Experience in stimulating, managing or influencing private sector stakeholders
- Fluent written and verbal English
- Must be willing and able to travel in challenging environments
What Gain Offers
- Flexible working hours
- Friendly working environment
- Professional development opportunities.
From N6,897,828 – N7,876,788 Annually, depending on experience.
Application Closing Date
29th August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
|Job Category||Director / Associate Partner Jobs in Nigeria, NGO / Non-Profit Associations Jobs in Nigeria|