The University of Port Harcourt was established in 1975 as a College of the University of Lagos and gained full autonomous status in 1977. The University is a Centre of Academic Excellence with a mandate to provide qualitative and research oriented education in the Niger Delta region and Nigeria at large.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for:
Job Title: Principal
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Candidates must possess:
- A good honours Degree in Education from a recognized University. Possession of a Master’s Degree in Educational Administration will be an advantage
- At least 14 years post-qualification cognate experience.
Conditions of Service
- The appointee will serve for a period of five (5) years and the appointment is not renewable.
- The conditions of service are as applicable in the Federal Public Service and as appropriate in the Nigerian University System.
CONTISS 14 / 1 – 9 (N3,363,134.00 – N4,462,271.00) Per annum.
Application Closing Date
29th July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to forward ten (10) copies of their Applications, accompanied with a detailed Curriculum Vitae, including names and addresses of three (3) Referees and a set of photocopies of certificates such as FSLC, WAEC, Teachers Registration Council (TRC), Birth Certificates, etc; and other relevant credentials to:
Board of Governors,
University Demonstration Secondary School,
Choba, Port Harcourt,
c/o The Secretary, BOG
- The envelope should be marked “Confidential and for the attention of the Chairman, Board of Governors.
- Candidates should also request their referees to forward references on their behalf directly to the Chairman
- Candidates below the rank of Principal Tutor need not apply.